Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Unlocking Livernois Tune

Post Thanks / Like

Default Unlocking Livernois Tune

Hi guys -

Livernois put on headers, a CAI and a tune last year. I now found a local tune (you guys are 3 1/2 hours away) that is doing a bit of work on my car. It appears that the tune is locked. How can the "lock" be removed?
    2009 MSM GT. Kooks mids, Corsa, CAI, Comp Thumpr 219/233 on a 114LSA and tune. 370 rwhp, 371 rwtq - Sold.
    2009 PBM M6 GXP. Corsa, Rotofab CAI and tune - 404 rwhp and 404 rwtq. Maggie 2300 to come . . .

Post Thanks / Like

They'll have to flash it back to stock using the same cable it was tuned with.
    09.5 LR G8 GXP A6
    For mods list, honk 3 times.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, you have to use the LMS cables or buy a new ECM.
    Performance mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Rick Crawford Ported Intake Manifold, Rick Crawford head work Can, Formato Ported Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Solo catted Mach Balance exhaust, Circle D 258MM 2800 Stall, 226/230 .598/.608 113+1 cam, BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders caster, camber & toe adjustment kits, BMR Sway Bars, BMR Sway Bar End Links, Camaro Brembo's w/custom powder coating. 11.90@116.58 1.78 60' on 20" All Season Tires

Post Thanks / Like

You could send it to Livernois and have them unlock it and put your original tune back in .... if they didnt lose it on their system......... they will if you ask them and they still have your stuff....
    2009 G8 GT; F1x procharger on Supercharger store direct drive system; 430cuin LSX; E85; 9" rear; DSS once pc driveshaft; 4L80
    9.2@151.... fastest and heaviest G8 known to man.... ...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh i hope they didn't lock my computer i requested they not so i colud fine tune stuff like shift points but i haven't messed with it so i don't know for sure. Thunderracing locked my computer on my formula its suck. a pain in the tailend. Really made me angry cause it ended up costing me right at a $500 by time i waisted a trip to the nearest tuner mailed them the computer and so on not counting the it was a month and a half later before i could get the car tuned errrr. I understand why some tuners lock a computer but i think its wrong unless the customer says its ok we pay for the tune that doesn't give the tuner rights to are computer or car.
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA Z View Post
    Oh i hope they didn't lock my computer i requested they not so i colud fine tune stuff like shift points but i haven't messed with it so i don't know for sure. Thunderracing locked my computer on my formula its suck. a pain in the tailend. Really made me angry cause it ended up costing me right at a $500 by time i waisted a trip to the nearest tuner mailed them the computer and so on not counting the it was a month and a half later before i could get the car tuned errrr. I understand why some tuners lock a computer but i think its wrong unless the customer says its ok we pay for the tune that doesn't give the tuner rights to are computer or car.
    If you take it to them they can keep it unlocked. If you do it by mail order it's locked.
    Performance mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Rick Crawford Ported Intake Manifold, Rick Crawford head work Can, Formato Ported Throttle Body, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Solo catted Mach Balance exhaust, Circle D 258MM 2800 Stall, 226/230 .598/.608 113+1 cam, BMR complete bushing kit, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders caster, camber & toe adjustment kits, BMR Sway Bars, BMR Sway Bar End Links, Camaro Brembo's w/custom powder coating. 11.90@116.58 1.78 60' on 20" All Season Tires

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the late reply, I just now so the post but replied to your email a few days back.

You could send us the ECM or drive here and we can flash it back to stock.

Thank you

Rick

Livernois Motorsports

CNC Cylinder Heads, Rotating Assemblies, Short Blocks, Performance Parts, Dyno Services, Fabrication and Machine Shop Services

Click here to take a video tour of the shop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    If you take it to them they can keep it unlocked. If you do it by mail order it's locked.
    Good deal i drove mine up there so i should be good That place is awhsome lol well ThunderRacing did it anyways i drove down there dyno there and they locked it errrrr i not only was pissed but them unlocking it was the last i have had them do for me. They 100% lost all my biss
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000

Post Thanks / Like

what?

Did ThunderRacing lock it and now?

Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA Z View Post
    Good deal i drove mine up there so i should be good That place is awhsome lol well ThunderRacing did it anyways i drove down there dyno there and they locked it errrrr i not only was pissed but them unlocking it was the last i have had them do for me. They 100% lost all my biss
    Who locked your tune, Livernois or ThunderRacing?