Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone interested in G8 custom front brake vents for cooling?

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone interested in G8 custom front brake vents for cooling?

The local shop I deal with for suspension and general advice for all things road course has been working with a company that has made some really nice kits for other cars (Vettes, Mustangs, etc) and may be interested in making a kit for the G8. They have the CAD data but I'll be sending them some pics so they can get an idea of what's where under the front end. I'm just wondering who all might be interested so I can give them some idea how many they might sell if they choose to develop one. Thanks!
    Doug
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

I don't do any road racing so brake vents wouldn't do me any good but if they could come up with a solution for pulling hot air out of the engine bay, either with hood mods, or functional side vents that might be interesting, price dependent of course, ie 2 grand probably wouldn't make me jump.

Spider1701
    New Setup: UPP Twin Turbo Goodness Final numbers and parts list in progress... Pedders XA Coilovers, Pedders Street 1, Pedders Full Alignment Kit, Pedders Differential Bushings, Pedders Sway bars, Breyton 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo Front and rear conversion. To be Tuned by Frost

OLD Setup:
    Magnuson TVS 1900, 2.9 pulley, LS9 Cam, Rotofab CAI, Keene Bell BAP, Kooks 1 7/8 Catted Mids, Corsa Catback, Pedders XA Coilovers, Pedders Street 1, Pedders Full Alignment Kit, Pedders Differential Bushings, Pedders Sway bars, Breyton 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo Front and rear conversion. 498RWHP 497 RWT Tuned By Frost.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have assembled bits and pieces to make something, but would love a "kit" for this.

What I was eventually going to make is based off what was done on this Camaro. Basically put an inlet behind the mesh on the lower front grill (next to the fog light) and run ducting to the center of the rotor (mounting with a modified brake dust shield).

-Todd...

Post Thanks / Like

I opened up my two hood scoops, took the rubber sealing strip off the back and the front, this helps provide flow onto the motor and out by the window, in the cold winter I can see it work with heat fumes coming out the scoops and by the windshield when I stop at lights, if the fan goes on(like i make it go on by turning on the ac-)i can see heat fumes pouring out the by windshield from under the hood....works for me and was free
    SOLD 5/16 BOUGHT 2013 PP SHO...2009 GT 0-60 4.1,RWHP 381@4765,TQ 416.11@3828= 12.58@109.78 KOOKs 1 7/8 /race CATS, VARARAM & HSRK RESONATOR DELETE/3 INCH X PIPE to MAGNAFLOW SS F:Michilin pilot A/S3, R: Cooper Zeon RS3, VCM Ecm/TCM tune by Troy, Russell SS brake lines, hawk hps/ DBA 4000XS, NGK TR-5, YellaTerra 1.85Rockers PAC 1218, CC 7.450 Pro Magnum Rods, FULL BMR poly Rear/DIFF White BUSHINGS,BMR trailing arms/toe rods.FE3 shock/struts, Billet Catch Can, LOVELL's strut mounts/BMR bushing,UDP Ported&PolishTB,red Alto,CircleD 3000

Post Thanks / Like

I would definitely be interested in a brake vent kit.
    White-hot G8 GXP...1c cam, NicD tune, Kooks mids, xpipe, Solo axback
    TVS 2300 added April 2015
    12.2@116 at Tucson Dragway, DA was 4000 !!

Post Thanks / Like

So would I, but the GXP fascia would be... a bit more interesting. The GT fascia is pretty much perfect for some ductwork. On the GXP, we'd have to add cutouts into the lower radiator intake or into the lower bumper tray.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TCorzett View Post
    I have assembled bits and pieces to make something, but would love a "kit" for this.

What I was eventually going to make is based off what was done on this Camaro. Basically put an inlet behind the mesh on the lower front grill (next to the fog light) and run ducting to the center of the rotor (mounting with a modified brake dust shield).

-Todd...
    Todd, that is similar to what they do although with a more finished look. They use a funnel-looking plastic part that would fit behind the honeycomb in the front bumper and then attach the tubing to it.

Kevin,
    I'm not sure but the part that attaches to the knuckle to bring the air to the center of the rotor would probably fit, but you're right, the front bumper on the GXP would be more of a challenge.

So far, no response; I e-mailed them a few months back too so I think I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Thanks for the responses so far!
    2009 Hot White G8 GT, CTS-V v1 fronts, Camaro 20's, BMR Sways, Eibach Springs, Rear Cradle bushings. GXP FE3's, BMR rear susp. Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers, RCR custom 3” exhaust, ported LSA blower, 2.38 pulley; Ported heads and TB; LS7 MAF, Racetec pistons, Scat rods, CTS-V crank; FAST 85 injectors; RCR Lunati cam: 223/238 .615/.601, 116 +2 LSA. CTS-V pump/VaporWorx cntlr. Built trans, Methanol injection. Rick Crawford built and tuned. Best 1/4 9.68 @142, 1.42 60'.

Post Thanks / Like

Doug,

I would be interested. I have some ducting already in place from the honeycomb to get air into the fender well and have removed the dust shield, but that is all. It did help, but more is needed. Todd and I traded some information on the other forum awhile back about this.

His - 2009 G8 GT - SBM
    Sport and Prem. Pkgs
    Pedders Track II - no drop

Hers - 2009 G8 GT - PSM
    Sport and Prem. Pkgs

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerG8 View Post
    Doug,

I would be interested. I have some ducting already in place from the honeycomb to get air into the fender well and have removed the dust shield, but that is all. It did help, but more is needed. Todd and I traded some information on the other forum awhile back about this.
    Sounds good; I think this makes five of us with at least some interest. That should give me enough to make a phone call and see if I can stir the pot a little.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be interested also
    2009 SBM G8 GT
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R 1000