dms

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dms View Post
    Photo of the Haddad Motorsports G8 conversion to Track II

Major Photo file on G8 suspension and Pedders upgrades

http://rides.webshots.com/album/561316983BMtYeV

mike
    dms
    I would love to have some but finding somewhere locally is not happening...

Davenport IA and surrounding area.

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice walkthrough, Mike!

Got a quick question about several of the videos, though. You showed how much play several of the stock bushings have when moving the rod back and forth. Am I correct in assuming that that this actualy back-and-forth compliance is not the problem, but that illustration shows that the bushings compress very easily?

The point of my question is that I may replace many of those pieces with simple rods and rod-ends. A rod-end will NOT eliminate any of that side-to-side movement - in fact, it will make it effortless. But, it will eliminate ALL compression at that joint.

It appears that I may have to custom bend some of the rods to fit around other components, but that should not be much of an issue.

This is a good illustration, for those of you who are wondering what I'm talking about.

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3081...54308893NPXbTJ

Post Thanks / Like

The videos are there to show ou just how non conpliant the OE bushing is, THere is movement in the same plane, but not as much as the video shows. If I remember correctly, the video of the OE bush was using a pinky. the video of the Pedders bush, required using your entire fist, with about 50 pounds of pull.
    Our Pedders bushes for the radius rod have some timed and strategically placed voids to allow exactly the movement that will occur. What we cannot show is the amout of movement while hard braking and bumps. We need to get a remote video for this.

But again, the vides were intended to show you the strength differences

mike
    dms

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As always thanks for the GRRRR8 info and videos!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G