Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Triple Gauge Pods

Post Thanks / Like

Aeroforce gauges get oil pressure from the stock CAN bus??
    I thought you needed to add the oil pressure sensor, and run it to the gauge?
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wyome View Post
    Aeroforce gauges get oil pressure from the stock CAN bus??
    I thought you needed to add the oil pressure sensor, and run it to the gauge?
    Correct, aeroforce gauges can read oil pressure without external sensor. It has enhanced GM Can monitoring.

LSX 427 + TVS 2300= ???

BY DEMON8 BE DRIVEN

www.demon8designs.com PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION

Post Thanks / Like

What about oil temp?
    09 G8 GT in Stryker Blue

Mods
    Go: Vararam CAI, SLP Headers, Magnaflow 12468 mid-muffler & PM-FL Axlebacks. Tuned by MAC Autosports of Parker, Colorado. FE3 Shocks N Struts.

Show: Little Trees US Flag Vanilla Scented Air Freshener; SLP G8 Firehawk wheels; tinted windows

The Track
    Best 1/4: 13.969 @ 102.70 @ Pueblo Motorsports Park, w/ DA of 3921'.

Post Thanks / Like

What about oil temp?
    That is available too.

LSX 427 + TVS 2300= ???

BY DEMON8 BE DRIVEN

www.demon8designs.com PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What about oil temp?
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasNate View Post
    That is available too.
    The stock sensor in the side of the oilpan outputs both engine oil level and engine oil temp signal voltages.
    The stock oil pressure sensor at the back of the intake manifold just does engine oil pressure via a voltage signal.
    All the voltage signals need to be processed by ECM (against reference voltages) before output data gets into the GMLan.

So yes a CAN or GMLan gauge will work correctly, as it's using data that has been processed by the ECM.

You couldn't wire in a basic (dumb) electrical input gauge to the stock sensors on the engine and expect the display to be correct.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have it installed yet, but did plug it in to play with briefly. The coolest things about the Aeroforce, other that the fact that it can display almost any information that's being sent across the CAN bus, are that it can pull and clear codes and that you can control the fan speed. I have a 2002 Cadillac STS and you can pull and clear codes through the DIC and I missed that feature on the G8, so it's nice that the Aeroforce adds it back. Also, if you're in the staging lanes and want to keep the heat soak down, you can have the Aeroforce turn you fans on high until you're ready to go! I thought that was pretty slick.
    Todd

2009.5 G8 GXP, M6, Liquid Red, Sunroof #1769

Show: CTS-V Wheels, HSV Sliding Console, HSV Triple Gauge Pod with Front Smokers Pack
    Go: TVS2300, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids with HFCs, Corsa Cat Back, RotoFab CAI, Livernois Tune, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, gForce 750HP Axles
    528 RWHP 498 RWTQ
    11.69 @ 123.25 (1.94 60' Spinning)

Post Thanks / Like

Love the look. I might have to do this over the atari guages....

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so I finally got the gauges in the mail from SpeedHut. Aaron at SpeedHut was an absolute pleasure to deal with and we went back and forth a couple times getting the custom faceplates the way I wanted. They were very accommodating and only charged a nominal fee per gauge to do the customization. I also took advantage of their Black Monday sale, so that was a bonus.

Anyway, I think they turned out great. I decided to go with the Legacy gauges since I thought that they matched the OEM gauges the best. They are side by side in the OP so you can judge for yourself. A big thanks to the others on this board for forging the way with this look. I admit I basically copied, but heck, they look great!

Still waiting on the car to get back from Livernois, but here's a peek at what they'll look like:

OEM dash:

Triple Pod with Interceptor and SpeedHut Custom Gauges:

Last edited by spartan466; 03-31-2017 at 08:51 AM.
    Todd

Show: CTS-V Wheels, HSV Sliding Console, HSV Triple Gauge Pod with Front Smokers Pack
    Go: TVS2300, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids with HFCs, Corsa Cat Back, RotoFab CAI, Livernois Tune, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, gForce 750HP Axles
    528 RWHP 498 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Those look great. That's exactly how I want the gauges to look if I get some, and I had even started making my own design based on the Legacy series to give them if I ever went that route. I still don't have gauges (it was all based on me getting a supercharger), but this is what my very poor photoshoping skills came up with. I think I like what they made for you more though.

Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    Those look great. That's exactly how I want the gauges to look if I get some, and I had even started making my own design based on the Legacy series to give them if I ever went that route. I still don't have gauges (it was all based on me getting a supercharger), but this is what my very poor photoshoping skills came up with. I think I like what they made for you more though.
    Yeah, wasn't sure if I needed all of the minor tick marks between major ones, but they didn't bother me so much. As long as they got the font and the graphics correct I was happy. They had to make the G8 logo as they didn't have it on file, and they re-did the GXP logo as the one they had on file didn't quite match.

The good news is that they have it all on file now. Copy or tweak at will! If you ever wind up ordering, PM me and I can send you my order number and name so you can reference the design. I still have a copy of the final proof they sent as well.
    Todd

528 RWHP 498 RWTQ