Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HSV Triple Gauge Pods

Post Thanks / Like

Default HSV Triple Gauge Pods

Are on their way from down under, Courtesy of Crazy Paul! CP has been an absolute pleasure to deal with and I'm looking forward to my winter project of tearing up my dash and installing the triple gauge pods! Will post pictures as I start digging in. I decided on a boost gauge on the left, aeroforce in the middle, and oil pressure on the right. The oil pressure is the only one I'm undecided about. Was thinking about A/F, but since I don't tune my own car, I wasn't thinking that I really needed it. I wound up doing custom SpeedHut gauges to match the OEM gauges. Others have done Revolution series gauges and they look fantastic. I decided on Legacy gauges instead since they look like the OEM Speedo and Tach. Love the look that some of the other folks on here have done, so don't want to stray too far from that. If it ain't broke...

UPDATE: Gauges arrived! They look great!

Stock gauges:

Custom SpeedHut Legacy Gauges:

UPDATE: The package from Crazy Paul arrived. I have to admit, I was pretty amazed at how fast he was able to ship from AU. I sent the money to Paul via PayPal on a Friday, the package shipped the following Monday, and arrived the Monday after that. Crazy fast, and Paul was actually apologetic that they didn't ship earlier. So now for the not so good part. Crazy Paul = A++. USPS = Ummm... yeah.

Gee Paul, you could have put FRAGILE stickers on the box or something! Kidding! Trust me, there were Fragile, This Side Up, and Do Not Crush stickers all over the box. Even the lady at the post office commented about it. "Gee, it even says Do Not Crush right on the box." Yeah, lady thanks. Let's just hope nothing's broken inside:

Uhhh... I think that's the shifter trim panel... probably the most fragile, right?? Phew... LUCKILY everything is in good order. CP included some extra trim clips as well as some cool swag! Thanks Paul!

UPDATE: Gauges installed! Love the new look!

Last edited by spartan466; 03-31-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Speedhut Gauges Received
    Todd

2009.5 G8 GXP, M6, Liquid Red, Sunroof #1769

Show: CTS-V Wheels, HSV Sliding Console, HSV Triple Gauge Pod with Front Smokers Pack
    Go: TVS2300, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids with HFCs, Corsa Cat Back, RotoFab CAI, Livernois Tune, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, gForce 750HP Axles
    528 RWHP 498 RWTQ
    11.69 @ 123.25 (1.94 60' Spinning)

Post Thanks / Like

Aeroforce will display oil pressure already. Honestly do what I did and order two intercepter and then one analogic. They are red lit and match our cluster. Then you can have Wideband and boost on one then 4 other parameters on other two gauges.

Post Thanks / Like

you will love it, I sure love mine. They really change to whole look of the interior...

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great!! Where did you get that gauges from?
    2009 G8 GT Maverick Silver Metallic, Premium and Sport Packages, Holden Radiator Cover, GXP Front Fascia and Rear Diffuser, GXP Rear Sway Bar and Mufflers
    V6 Tail Lights, Pedders XA Coilovers, Sub Frame Connectors and Radius Rod Bushings, DBA T-3 Rotors and Hawk Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Received the package from CP in the mail. Really fast shipping from Paul... not so good service from the USPS. See the update OP.
    Todd

Show: CTS-V Wheels, HSV Sliding Console, HSV Triple Gauge Pod with Front Smokers Pack
    Go: TVS2300, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids with HFCs, Corsa Cat Back, RotoFab CAI, Livernois Tune, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, gForce 750HP Axles
    528 RWHP 498 RWTQ

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartan466 View Post
    Received the package from CP in the mail. Really fast shipping from Paul... not so good service from the USPS. See the update OP.
    Really glad nothing was broken. Shame I don't have pics showing how straight the box was when it left here, and the FRAGILE stickers on all sides. The inner packaging (and those pair of shock absorbing beer coolers) must have really copped a workover.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

USPS is really sucking lately. Glad it all was unharmed. Congrats on the new setup.

LSX 427 + TVS 2300= ???

BY DEMON8 BE DRIVEN

www.demon8designs.com PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    Really glad nothing was broken. Shame I don't have pics showing how straight the box was when it left here, and the FRAGILE stickers on all sides. The inner packaging (and those pair of shock absorbing beer coolers) must have really copped a workover.
    No doubt that it left your place in good shape. Thanks again for everything!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasNate View Post
    USPS is really sucking lately. Glad it all was unharmed. Congrats on the new setup.
    Thanks! Looking forward to getting it set up. Waiting for my Maggie to get installed first.
    Todd

528 RWHP 498 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Linnett View Post
    Aeroforce will display oil pressure already. Honestly do what I did and order two intercepter and then one analogic. They are red lit and match our cluster. Then you can have Wideband and boost on one then 4 other parameters on other two gauges.
    The more I keep reading and looking into the Aeroforce gauges the more I like them. Makes me second guess my hacked atari purchase...

All of the gauge setups in here look great!
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    The more I keep reading and looking into the Aeroforce gauges the more I like them.
    I have a set of Aeroforce guages in my GTO. A great purchase/investment because of all the available parameters for monitoring and they go well with the rest of the interior scheme.
    2004 (QSM LS1/M6) Pontiac GTO - Holden CV8Z Conversion <--soon to be blown
    2007 (QSM L98/M6) Chevrolet Lumina SS