Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HSV Triple Gauge Pods

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I like how they matched those up very well. I wonder if they would be up for doing a new main dash gauge overlay panel for those of us converting to a Commodore SS-V. As in, put that in place of the G8 GXP on the main gauges. I know there was a thread on here about someone doing that but I'm not sure if they would be up for making those overlays. If they would, that would pretty much wrap up the last item I need for the conversion.
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    Looks great! I like how they matched those up very well. I wonder if they would be up for doing a new main dash gauge overlay panel for those of us converting to a Commodore SS-V. As in, put that in place of the G8 GXP on the main gauges. I know there was a thread on here about someone doing that but I'm not sure if they would be up for making those overlays. If they would, that would pretty much wrap up the last item I need for the conversion.
    I can't speak for them, but certainly I would email or call Aaron (he's even on live chat on their website a lot). From looking at their website, they do make custom overlays for a bunch of other cars. You may have to pay a couple bucks extra for them to make one for the G8, but I'm sure they'll do it.
    Todd

2009.5 G8 GXP, M6, Liquid Red, Sunroof #1769

Show: CTS-V Wheels, HSV Sliding Console, HSV Triple Gauge Pod with Front Smokers Pack
    Go: TVS2300, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids with HFCs, Corsa Cat Back, RotoFab CAI, Livernois Tune, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, gForce 750HP Axles
    528 RWHP 498 RWTQ
    11.69 @ 123.25 (1.94 60' Spinning)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartan466 View Post
    I can't speak for them, but certainly I would email or call Aaron (he's even on live chat on their website a lot). From looking at their website, they do make custom overlays for a bunch of other cars. You may have to pay a couple bucks extra for them to make one for the G8, but I'm sure they'll do it.
    Agreed. Aaron was great as he worked with me to design the look of the center gauges. He knows his stuff!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    SOLD 2009 Panther Black G8 GXP #112 - M6
    Scheming on my LSX Sequel...

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, wasn't sure if I needed all of the minor tick marks between major ones, but they didn't bother me so much. As long as they got the font and the graphics correct I was happy. They had to make the G8 logo as they didn't have it on file, and they re-did the GXP logo as the one they had on file didn't quite match.

The good news is that they have it all on file now. Copy or tweak at will! If you ever wind up ordering, PM me and I can send you my order number and name so you can reference the design. I still have a copy of the final proof they sent as well.
    Thanks, if I do get some I'll be sure to talk to you first. It would probably make things a lot easier.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Not to hijack but I just wanted to share my experience with Aaron over at SpeedHut. He replied to my question about the main gauge overlay in the dash. Good news is he can do it. Bad news is they need 20 or more people for them to start making copies and they need a stock gauge cluster out of a G8 to make them up and use as a template. I'm going to update another old thread that CP linked me to when I was talking to him about the main dash gauge overlays. Hopefully we can get 20 people interested in this!

Okay hijack over but just wanted to share my experience with Aaron at SpeedHut! Very good guy over there!
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matts88yj View Post
    Not to hijack but I just wanted to share my experience with Aaron over at SpeedHut. He replied to my question about the main gauge overlay in the dash. Good news is he can do it. Bad news is they need 20 or more people for them to start making copies and they need a stock gauge cluster out of a G8 to make them up and use as a template. I'm going to update another old thread that CP linked me to when I was talking to him about the main dash gauge overlays. Hopefully we can get 20 people interested in this!

Okay hijack over but just wanted to share my experience with Aaron at SpeedHut! Very good guy over there!
    Good deal! Hope you can get the 20 to get the project going!
    Todd

Show: CTS-V Wheels, HSV Sliding Console, HSV Triple Gauge Pod with Front Smokers Pack
    Go: TVS2300, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids with HFCs, Corsa Cat Back, RotoFab CAI, Livernois Tune, McLeod RXT Twin Disc, gForce 750HP Axles
    528 RWHP 498 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Good deal! Hope you can get the 20 to get the project going!
    We shall see what pans out! Just in case anyone wanted to look at the original thread for those dash overlays here it is http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=22431

I also bumped it up with an update.

Spartan your car looks great with the new gauges! I know I said it before but it feels like that is what is missing from the factory and it filled that area out tastefully and very well matched. Excellent work!
    - Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Updated the OP with some pictures of the gauges finally installed! I love the new look and everything works great! Surprisingly the dash came apart fairly easily and I only broke one clip. Wiring everything up was a snap... got power and illumination from the headlight switch and there's a grounding bolt right behind the headlight switch. I don't know why, but putting the right and left bottom trim panels (the ones under the dash that cover the sides of the center stack) were a PITA to put back on. Seemed easy enough to take off. Must have been late at night while I was trying to put them back on.
    Todd

528 RWHP 498 RWTQ

Post Thanks / Like

Are on their way from down under, Courtesy of Crazy Paul! CP has been an absolute pleasure to deal with and I'm looking forward to my winter project of tearing up my dash and installing the triple gauge pods! Will post pictures as I start digging in. I decided on a boost gauge on the left, aeroforce in the middle, and oil pressure on the right. The oil pressure is the only one I'm undecided about. Was thinking about A/F, but since I don't tune my own car, I wasn't thinking that I really needed it. I wound up doing custom SpeedHut gauges to match the OEM gauges. Others have done Revolution series gauges and they look fantastic. I decided on Legacy gauges instead since they look like the OEM Speedo and Tach. Love the look that some of the other folks on here have done, so don't want to stray too far from that. If it ain't broke...

UPDATE: Gauges arrived! They look great!

Stock gauges:

Custom SpeedHut Legacy Gauges:

UPDATE: The package from Crazy Paul arrived. I have to admit, I was pretty amazed at how fast he was able to ship from AU. I sent the money to Paul via PayPal on a Friday, the package shipped the following Monday, and arrived the Monday after that. Crazy fast, and Paul was actually apologetic that they didn't ship earlier. So now for the not so good part. Crazy Paul = A++. USPS = Ummm... yeah.

Gee Paul, you could have put FRAGILE stickers on the box or something! Kidding! Trust me, there were Fragile, This Side Up, and Do Not Crush stickers all over the box. Even the lady at the post office commented about it. "Gee, it even says Do Not Crush right on the box." Yeah, lady thanks. Let's just hope nothing's broken inside:

Uhhh... I think that's the shifter trim panel... probably the most fragile, right?? Phew... LUCKILY everything is in good order. CP included some extra trim clips as well as some cool swag! Thanks Paul!

UPDATE: Gauges installed! Love the new look!

Links are dead.

EDIT: Links seem to be working.
    Last edited by GXP25; 11-05-2015 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Added some more info.
    2009 LR G8 GXP - M6, Roof, Onyx/Red Interior

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good GXP25.

I need to swap out my volt gauge for something else and stumbled across this. Are the oil temp and pressure definitely accurate data? I read on Camaro5 that the oil temp/pressure is a calculation and wonder if ours is the same.
    MGM GXP - M6, sunroof, and a whole lot of fun.