Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GM recalling 38,000 Pontiac G8s over air-bag issue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@WasSlow View Post
    Just checked my VIN in the VIS system and it needs the update.
    I guess I need to contact Chris White about the BCM reprogram he did for me.
    Man I really hate the thought of pulling that thing out of the car again.
    +1 on your worries... Really debating on taking this in - not sure if the VIM module and programming that's hooked up will be affected at all.
    2009.1 MGM G8 GT - Twin Turbo. 2.06 60', 11.63 @ 124.87mph.
    2001 Lightning - 650WHP - SOLD.

Post Thanks / Like

Yup got the letter yesterday sent an email for service wondering when I'll hear back.

Post Thanks / Like

They are only programing the SDM, nothing else. Nothing else, wouldn't be worried about that. Its completely separate.
    2008 G8 GT IOM

Livernois Stage 1 cam, Livernois ported heads with CNC valve job, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Magnaflow axle backs, Fast LSXR, Roto-fab CAI, 160 thermostat, BMR front and rear sway bars, BMR rear cradle bushings, BMR rear diff. bushings and H&R springs. Tuned by RPM 428.34 hp and 406.44tq. Best time of 12.36@114.9 on Street tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjones916 View Post
    They are only programing the SDM
    What is this?
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rjones916 View Post
    They are only programing the SDM, nothing else. Nothing else, wouldn't be worried about that. Its completely separate.
    Yes I checked the procedure after I made that post. Seems like it is OK to take in.

Do not attempt to order the calibration number from GM Customer Care and Aftersales. The calibration numbers required for this service procedure are programmed into control modules via a Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) or Tech 2 with the calibration update. When using a MDI or Tech 2 for reprogramming, ensure that it is updated with the latest software version. Use TIS2WEB on or after 11/22/11 to obtain the calibration. If you cannot access the calibration, call the Techline Customer Support Center and it will be provided.

For step-by-step programming instructions, please refer to SI and the Techline Information System (TIS) terminal.

1. Verify that there is a battery charge of 12 to 15 volts. The battery must be able to maintain a charge during programming. Only use an approved Midtronics® PSC 550 Battery Maintainer (SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642) or equivalent to maintain proper battery voltage during programming.

2. Reprogram the inflatable restraint and sensing diagnostic module (SDM). Refer to SI and Service Programming System (SPS) documentation for programming instructions, if required.

2.1 Connect the MDI or Tech 2 to the vehicle.

2.2 Select J2534 MDI or J2534 Tech 2 and Reprogram ECU from the Select Diagnostic Tool and Programming Process screen.

2.3 Select SDM Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module -- Programming from the Supported Controllers screen.

2.4 Follow the on-screen instructions.

Note: The air bag indicator light may remain ON after the body control module (BCM), or inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) is replaced, and during the programming procedure for the BCM until after the procedure is completed. When installing a new SDM, there may be several DTCs set prior to programming. Once programmed, these DTCs should be in history and can be cleared.

3. Ignition ON, using the scan tool, select the SDM Module Setup menu, then select Setup SDM. Follow the scan tool on-screen instructions.

4. Using the scan tool, select the SDM Module Setup menu, then select Setup SDM Primary Key in SDM. Follow the scan tool on-screen instructions.

5. Clear all diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

See my comments on the Electonics Portion of the forum. After the update it played hell with my Engineer Mode Display regarding the Battery Charge %.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

See response in other thread Confirmed with Greg's post above yours
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) or other known as the airbag module.
    2008 G8 GT IOM

Livernois Stage 1 cam, Livernois ported heads with CNC valve job, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Magnaflow axle backs, Fast LSXR, Roto-fab CAI, 160 thermostat, BMR front and rear sway bars, BMR rear cradle bushings, BMR rear diff. bushings and H&R springs. Tuned by RPM 428.34 hp and 406.44tq. Best time of 12.36@114.9 on Street tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for info. Will keep eye on the Battery Charge %.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

I join the list but car is not coming back out till spring.

09 G8 GT liquid red, Rotofab intake, custom ground cam, dod delete, valve job, ported & polished , Magnacharger tvs 1900, kooks headers, magnaflow competition cat back, 5000k HID'S and 3k fogs, front Brembo brake kit, Vector motorsports dyno tune, billet grill, MaverickMan carbon fiber hood and spoiler, Peter G painted lowers, Camaro 20" rims, 3M clear bra, Holden Mats, led interior lights. Weathertech floor mats.

546 rwhp 524 torque