Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GM recalling 38,000 Pontiac G8s over air-bag issue

Post Thanks / Like

this is a safety recall, not warranty work. They will do it regardless. The question as to whether or not the airbag module programming affects an ECM tune...I cannot answer. I do not think so, but there are others here that will know fo ' sho'!
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polo View Post
    haha.... So to solve the problem, make sure to leave the wife at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by laserred View Post
    Or in the backseat where she belongs! Shotgun is for bros, not hoes! LOL I'll probably get a shiv tonight in bed for this one...
    Now, now, be nice. I am the wife and although I don't drive it much I'm content to be in the passenger seat but what do they consider "small women"? I'm 5'7'' at around 120 lbs. If I'm safer driving, then move over hubby. The G8 is parked already for the winter but we'll look into this with the dealer and maybe address it in the spring.
    09 SRM G8 GT & 09 SBM G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Airbag is most likely controlled by the BCM and our tunes wont be effected.

Post Thanks / Like

This is no difference then the last recall about the lights, carry on if you have a tune. The safercar.gov site has the recall listed also.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Soooo...this means that when they perform this update my ECM/TCM tunes will not be affected in any way? Will they know that I have a tune as soon as they hook up?

Just want to be sure!
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    They mention that reprogramming the airbag module is necessary...is this going to be an issue if i have an ECM/TCM tune on the car? Now that I have the GXP differential in the car I don't think I'm able to put everything completely back to stock before bringing it in for dealer visits. Should I be worried that they'll notice I have the car tuned when performing this recall?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    ^^^^+1 on this.
    My warranty is gone now that I put the 2300 on but don't want to have to go back to my tuner and have him reinstall my tune. Hope this will not effect the whole ECM/TCM.
    No it will not effect tune.

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    +1 on this as well, Will I need to reflash back to stock from my VMS Tune?
    No

Quote Originally Posted by I12XLR8 View Post
    Soooo...this means that when they perform this update my ECM/TCM tunes will not be affected in any way? Will they know that I have a tune as soon as they hook up?
    Just want to be sure!
    No. Now I'll say this, there could be some crazy tech out there that could go into your tcm/ecm and screw with it be cause he hates his job or your car, but that is not where they go to do the airbag reprogram.
    Last edited by BigV8; 11-08-2011 at 05:28 PM.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigV8 View Post
    No

No it will not effect tune.

No

No. Now I'll say this, there could be some crazy tech out there that could go into your tcm/ecm and screw with it be cause he hates his job or your car, but that is not where they go to do the airbag reprogram.
    Thanks...still if I could get some work done, maybe I could get them to flash it back to stock so that I can get them to check a few things and avoid the tuning question.
    Mier
    2009.15 G8 GT (Onyx/Red, Magnetic Grey, Premium/Sport, Bluetooth Onstar, RotoFab CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" LT, Non-Catted connectors, Corsa Catback, HSRK, Custom tune by PatrickG, UPR Catch Can)

Post Thanks / Like

One of America's best automakers, General Motors created a big news for the first week of the month and these includes the recalls of 38,000 Pontiac G8s over air-bag issue and the plan of major which I found in this article Despite record first-half profit, GM plans major cuts. GM turned in a record first half for profits this year at $6.3 billion. Yet as reported by Automotive News, GM CEO was not happy. GM cutbacks will quickly follow. That means laid off employees will follow too and it sounds crucial for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the dealer didn't know about this recall and when they ran my VIN, my car didn't come up with any recalls.

2009 G8 GT SBM/Spt & Prem/No Sunroof
    : VMR V710 | Continental DW | H&R | SLP PowerFlo | GXP Diffuser | VG Sharkfin | Costar | De-badged...

Post Thanks / Like

I never drive with either front seat in a forward position, do I need to have this done?
    Onwer Seattle SEO Pros
    1974 Ford Bronco
    2008 Evoke Grey Holden SS-V (SOLD)