Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tips and Tricks for Rear Brembo Brake Installation

Post Thanks / Like

Info about what you'll need, pasted from another thread.

EDIT: Moved this information into the first post.
    Last edited by Eidolon; 10-05-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Write up!! Wish i had seen this last week before I installed my Rear Brembo's. Would have saved me some time. The Ebrake instructions are spot on.
    New Setup: UPP Twin Turbo Goodness Final numbers and parts list in progress... Pedders XA Coilovers, Pedders Street 1, Pedders Full Alignment Kit, Pedders Differential Bushings, Pedders Sway bars, Breyton 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo Front and rear conversion. To be Tuned by Frost

OLD Setup:
    Magnuson TVS 1900, 2.9 pulley, LS9 Cam, Rotofab CAI, Keene Bell BAP, Kooks 1 7/8 Catted Mids, Corsa Catback, Pedders XA Coilovers, Pedders Street 1, Pedders Full Alignment Kit, Pedders Differential Bushings, Pedders Sway bars, Breyton 19x9.5 Wheels, Brembo Front and rear conversion. 498RWHP 497 RWT Tuned By Frost.

Post Thanks / Like

After the spring is released from the (2) retainers, is there anything holding it in place, or does it just drop down and you have to fish around to re-install it?
    2008 PBM G8GT, TVS1900, Rick Crawford blower cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Mids, Corsa Cat-back, CHenry Tuned, RotoFab, BP Catch Can, Pedders Lowered Touring Suspension w/ sway bars, CTS-V wheels, Brembos front/rear, in-dash GPS/Bluetooth, de-chromed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 08G8V8 View Post
    After the spring is released from the (2) retainers, is there anything holding it in place, or does it just drop down and you have to fish around to re-install it?
    The tension of the spring itself will largely hold the spring in place, even during reassembly. The only reason it'll be moving all around on you is that you're doing the moving as you try to get it back into the clip. But it's only braced against the insides of the shoe, so it can move. Don't mistake me, it's a frustrating process no matter how good the instructions. I was fuming on the second side even after I'd had experience with the first.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for rotors locally to see what is available and need some clarification. I was looking for parking brake shoes and was told that the 2007 CTS-V shoes are the same as the G8 GT shoes. This should mean that the CTS-V rear rotors should slide over the stock G8 parking brake shoe with no need for dis-assembly or replacement. The Camaro rotors might not work the same way as my guy did not have a listing for 2010 Camaro shoes yet.

This is a HUGE deal for me as the shoes are $280 which buts a big dent in my upgrade budget and might be the deciding factor between a full swap and just changing the front.

Can anyone help here?
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

The 2007 CTS-V rotors are not the correct bolt pattern and are smaller than the Camaro rotors
    888-748-4655
    All Prices in posts are subject to change at anytime.
    Check us out at www.PacePerformance.com

2009.5 Liquid Red G8 GT
    2009 MSM Supercharged G8 GXP M6 - 11.51 @ 126.09
    586rwhp/495tq

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greg@WasSlow View Post
    The 2007 CTS-V rotors are not the correct bolt pattern and are smaller than the Camaro rotors
    That's why you're the man! Thanks!
    R.I.P. Charlie. We are all here because of you

"I have dreamed a dream, and now that dream has gone from me" - Morpheus of the Nebuchadnezzar, and Grant of I12XLR8.

'Luskville is a cool experience, Calabogie is incredible, Mosport is life altering'

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any tools that you would suggest to help with this job that you didn't have? I'm doing this next spring after the spring test n tune and figure I have time to get what ever might be needed. Thanks
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigV8 View Post
    Is there any tools that you would suggest to help with this job that you didn't have? I'm doing this next spring after the spring test n tune and figure I have time to get what ever might be needed. Thanks
    I was confused for a moment, because I was pretty sure your GXP already had the rear Brembos on them when we met up at the Charlotte Autofair. In fact, yours was the first G8 I'd ever seen with the rear Brembos. Took me a second to figure out you meant the parking brake shoes!

And the answer is no, actually. These are thankfully pretty easy to do in terms of actual complexity. They just take some patience. All you really need is a good flathead screwdriver - long with a thin shaft - to get behind the shoe to remove the spring. If it's sturdy enough, you can use that same screwdriver to pry the shoe loose. And a good set of needle-nose pliers makes turning the parking brake adjuster much less frustrating.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I forgot to mention it was the shoes duh. I had to wait on putting the shoes on because I had to reinstall the stock setup for drag racing with the 17" DRs, they don't clear the calipers Also thanks for the write up just what the doctor ordered. I'll get a few pics of the shoes removed also.
    09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois magnacharger 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab,Corsa, Kooks 1 7/8 mids. 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR , Pedders Supercar coilovers, all Brembos. Show:CTS-V rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. HSV triple gauges & CP smokers pack RIP Charlie.