Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My backup camera install

Post Thanks / Like

I've changed my setup and updated the original post to reflect those changes.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

I did a similar setup a few weeks ago (went wired instead of wireless) and this guide was invaluable. After it was all setup the screen was getting very noticeable, horizontal, interference lines. To resolve the problem, the video line needs a ground loop isolator. It cleaned up all of the interference lines for my setup. If someone else should happen to try this mod; hopefully, this will be of assistance if the same issue is encountered. This is the unit I picked up: http://www.amazon.com/C2G-41145-Comp...s=rca+isolator

Post Thanks / Like

I probably should've updated this again but the wireless unit crapped out and I switched to a wired setup last year. I forgot to take pictures, but I basically made a custom relay box that handles the auto-switching of the video feed when I put it in reverse as well as manual switching when I flip a rocker switch. The end result was simpler and works better.
    Len

TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Do you still have the horizontal interference lines on your screen or did you fix that? Is it just when you're using the camera that you see the lines?

Post Thanks / Like

Any interference that I would occasionally get went away when I got rid of the wireless units and switched to a wired setup.
    Len

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I realize I'm bumping an old thread...

Do you happen to have the part number for the factory rear object sensor harness? I found 92214356 for the full kit but can't find just the harness. I'd prefer to plug into the factory harness rather than splicing if I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wagonbacker9 View Post
    Yes, I realize I'm bumping an old thread...

Do you happen to have the part number for the factory rear object sensor harness? I found 92214356 for the full kit but can't find just the harness. I'd prefer to plug into the factory harness rather than splicing if I can.
    If I did, I would've gone that route myself. I don't think you can get the harness without getting the whole sensor kit.
    Len

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    If I did, I would've gone that route myself. I don't think you can get the harness without getting the whole sensor kit.
    It would appear you're correct. I just disassembled the plug and taped the plastic to the harness in case I ever want to put it back together.