Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: How to get VIM?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to get VIM?

I live in South Africa and want to enable VIM on my car. I don't want to send the radio all the way to the states and back. I know Chris has cables he can send for group VIM, again not going to work for me.
    Is there another way to get VIM. If i can give someone the vehicle details, can a patch or something be made which can be loaded in.
    Also, stupid question, where is the rear aux input?
    2008 Chevrolet Lumina SS - Silver. Roto-Fab CAI. Custom exhaust and Brospeed headers.
    Livernois Stage 2c cam with FAST 102 intake. Powerbond UDP.
    BMR Sub-Frame Connectors. Spohn LCA's. Pedders Supercar Coilovers.
    493 Hp
    12.9 (Road tires, unprepared track)

Post Thanks / Like

I think sending your radio in might be your only option, unless there's someone not in the states that's doing the unlock. Besides the VIM unlock you'll also need the rear aux cables to hook whatever device you'll be using up to your radio. I purchased my cables from speedisking, who's on here. You could also make your own cables if so inclined to do so. There's a thread on here that I can't find that shows how to make your own rear aux cables. This link will show you how to hook up the cables to the side of the radio.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. Had a look at that thread you posted. Connections for rear aux are on the right hand side of the radio. Here in SA, our cars are right hand drive, so i would guess i would need to come in from the drivers side.
    2008 Chevrolet Lumina SS - Silver. Roto-Fab CAI. Custom exhaust and Brospeed headers.
    Livernois Stage 2c cam with FAST 102 intake. Powerbond UDP.
    BMR Sub-Frame Connectors. Spohn LCA's. Pedders Supercar Coilovers.
    493 Hp
    12.9 (Road tires, unprepared track)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if the rear aux is on the same side as here in the US. Hopefully someone who has a right hand drive car and VIM setup can answer that for you or someone more knowledgeable than me. I just got VIM working in my car and it was worth the money in my opinion. I've got a slim ps2 hooked up to it that's in the glovebox. It would probably be quite a bit more expensive for u due to international shipping but if you purchased just the cables u could still use the rear aux while you're parked at least.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)