Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Trailing Arms HELP! I'm Stuck!!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Trailing Arms HELP! I'm Stuck!!

Installing Spohn trailing arms today. Passenger side was tough but I got it done.

Driver side is killing me - I am stuck - been at it 2 hours!!! I am installing the Spohn arm and if I get the top bolt in, I can't get the bottom bolt completely through to the other side so I can get the nut on. If I do the lower bolt first, I can't get the top one to engage its welded nut.

Car is jacked up and suspension is drooped so that shouldn't be an issue. It's a bear to try to get upward pressure on the bottom of the knuckle and bushing where the bottom half of the Spohn trailing arm attaches. It barely moves.

When the top is bolted (loosely), it's like I can only get the bolt right to the final side of the spohn braket but can't get it through like something is twisted and making it bind. I can't move anything enough to release the biding.

Any suggestions??????????????
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ray for the quick response. Got it. Whew.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Post Thanks / Like

After attaching the top bolt I lowered the car so that the lower control arm rested(not supported) on a jack stand just enough to compress the suspension..
    No modifications needed
    Retiring as the undefeated Cam only Record Holder 11.454@120

Come and get the title bitches it's up for grabs

Post Thanks / Like

Now you tell me. LOL. Wish I would have thought of that at about hour-two-or-three! I'm an idiot.
    R.I.P. Charlie