Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCA rattle on a G8

Post Thanks / Like

Default LCA rattle on a G8

What sort of sound is it that you are suppose to hear if the LCA's are buggered on a G8 ??

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely not a "rattle" per say, but more of a popping on turns I believe.
    2008 IOM GT

Show: color matched headlights w/ audi LED, halo conversion and blue "transformer" eyes *link*; Midnight-Silver Camaro Wheels (want them to be black), GXP Diffuser; Limo tint; Plasti-dipped grille and pontiac emblems.
    Performance: Flowmasters , CF Roto-fab
    Someday: Solo exhaust, (leaning towards) RPM tune, GTPrix modded gauges, cam, kooks headers

Post Thanks / Like

Should it kinda sound like a axel click ?

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

MIne was a low speed "squeak" sorta like of you have un greased poly bushings. Made it at low speeds. ALso check for vibrations when breaking light to mid pressure. Those were my clues that all was fubar.
    08 GT MGM Onyx/Red Premium
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, probably more like a squeak/groan than a click. A click, if from the front, is probably strut bearings or a bad swap bar end link. But LCAs CAN click - anything with a ball joint can, really. I just don't think it's as common a sign.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't get a click, pop, or squeak just a thud when driving over speed bumps etc. Plus at rolling along she steers straight but if you power up it will drive right so I'm sort of looking for the reason for this. I have replaced rack bush, new pedders struts and strut tops and bearings with no result.
    Any thoughts ??

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

LCAs are a possibility but it's tough to say for sure from that, in my opinion...

Post Thanks / Like

I did get an occasianly clunk as well, but it was the annoying mouse squeak noise at like low speed that told me something was amiss. When I brought it in to the local service dealer I bought it from, they gave me a loaner on the spot as they said the joints were done and did not want me to drive it.

SO far after they put in the redesigned arms and joints, have not had an issue in 30k miles
    08 GT MGM Onyx/Red Premium
    Winter 225/55/17
    Summer 245/40/19
    Kook Mids, Green Cats and Solo Mach Unbalanced
    RotoFab
    Maverick Man CF Spoiler
    Tuned by East Coast Superchargers

Post Thanks / Like

Mine clunks also when I go over speed bumps or hit bumps when driving slowly, especially while turning, but it doesn't do it all the time. I attributed it to the fact that I just installed H&R springs.

2009 G8 GT SBM/Spt & Prem/No Sunroof
    : VMR V710 | Continental DW | H&R | SLP PowerFlo | GXP Diffuser | VG Sharkfin | Costar | De-badged...

Post Thanks / Like

Mine "clunked" over bumps when the LCAs were bad.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage