Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front end popping noise

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front end popping noise

started last Wednesday while turning or hitting moderate to hard bumps. My thinking was front control arms, and replaced them with the new designed ones today. Still popping noise coming from the front end. Not sure what it may be at this point, but it only happens when turning or going over bumps and can also be felt through the steering wheel. Thanks for any and all info as what to look for.

Tim
    Tim

2009 PSM GT Fully Loaded
    GM Sirius Connect SIRGM2L - INSTALLED (No more XM!!!)
    Fasterproms Ported Intake Manifold w/LS3 TB
    Camaro Brembo Brakes @ all 4 corners
    Complete GXP Suspension Swap
    GXP Axle-Back Exhaust w/x-pipe
    Hacked Atari 3 Gauge Display
    Superchips Cortex Tuned
    Vararam Ram Air Intake
    OEM Bluetooth Add-on
    BMR Front Swaybar
    HSV Valve Covers
    20" Camaro Rims
    Vector HSRK
    6k HID's

Post Thanks / Like

did you check the end links on the front sway bar? also there was an issue with the front saddle bushings,BMR has corrected this look at post #45 and #46 in the thread below

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.p...=bmr+sway+bars
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the club... Mine started popping a little over a month ago (around 25k miles). Waiting till it gets bad enough for the dealer to actually hear it.
    '09 LR G8GT w/ Premium / Sport / Sunroof / 35% Tint
    Conti-DW Extremes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post
    did you check the end links on the front sway bar? also there was an issue with the front saddle bushings,BMR has corrected this look at post #45 and #46 in the thread below

that's where I would start, as well.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

My plan was to replace the LCAs with the Spohns, as well as the front sway bar end links all at one time.............................................. ................................
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by travis gore View Post

My swaybar came with those, so I'm not sure it's that. I'm leaning towards front strut bushings since mine have a big gap between the rubber and the car.
    Tim

2009 PSM GT Fully Loaded
    Superchips Cortex Tuned
    Vararam Ram Air Intake
    OEM Bluetooth Add-on
    BMR Front Swaybar
    HSV Valve Covers
    20" Camaro Rims
    Vector HSRK
    6k HID's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluYa76 View Post
    My sway bar came with those, so I'm not sure it's that. I'm leaning towards front strut bushings since mine have a big gap between the rubber and the car.
    the strut bushings do have issues as well. good luck
    2009 Karma Metallic G8 GT The best gift you can give to someone is your time,because you're giving them something that you can never get back

Post Thanks / Like

So I got the bmr sway bars like 4 months ago and now I got clunking but I got the energy suspension bushing wth

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

It's not the saddle bushings. They were causing squeaking. Just because you have the right saddles does not mean that the sways are not the problem. Could be end links. Pull the wheel, and check for play between the endlink and the bar (grab the link and push/pull to see if it moves in relation to the bar or strut). I have seen 4 sets of these now not bolt up tight due to galling of the end link bolt. When it happens (in the extreme) you will swear that the tire did not get put on correctly. Initially, it does sound like strut mount failure, but a higher pitched noise. This is easier to check than strut mounts, and you have to take them off anyway to get to the mounts...
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todds87ss View Post
    It's not the saddle bushings. They were causing squeaking. Just because you have the right saddles does not mean that the sways are not the problem. Could be end links. Pull the wheel, and check for play between the endlink and the bar (grab the link and push/pull to see if it moves in relation to the bar or strut). I have seen 4 sets of these now not bolt up tight due to galling of the end link bolt. When it happens (in the extreme) you will swear that the tire did not get put on correctly. Initially, it does sound like strut mount failure, but a higher pitched noise. This is easier to check than strut mounts, and you have to take them off anyway to get to the mounts...
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll check them this Saturday when I put up on a lift to install my rear springs.
    Tim

2009 PSM GT Fully Loaded
    Superchips Cortex Tuned
    Vararam Ram Air Intake
    OEM Bluetooth Add-on
    BMR Front Swaybar
    HSV Valve Covers
    20" Camaro Rims
    Vector HSRK