Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: traction device

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks much,

JAM

Post Thanks / Like

I did the filling of mounts for my Regal 10 years ago and they are still working. Easy on small mounts you can remove. Our Subframes are a little more involved. Why turn a 4 to 5 hour job into 2 or 3 days to allow the poly to set up. I can see filling the diff mounts but the subframe will be a pain while still in the car. For the convenience I will buy the pre made mounts.
    '09 GT SRM Cortex tuner, Solo HFC, VCM Intake,Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
    I did the filling of mounts for my Regal 10 years ago and they are still working. Easy on small mounts you can remove. Our Subframes are a little more involved. Why turn a 4 to 5 hour job into 2 or 3 days to allow the poly to set up. I can see filling the diff mounts but the subframe will be a pain while still in the car. For the convenience I will buy the pre made mounts.
    For me, it's a combination of lack of spending money and just general annoyance that companies feel the need to ridiculously overcharge for $5 of materials. For stuff like suspension components (e.g. shocks, control arms) where there is R&D and a lot more QC involved, I can see a large markup to pay for those. But for a friggin bushing? I can go without my car for a couple of days no problem.