Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Front sway bar links

Post Thanks / Like

Default Front sway bar links

I brought my car(2009 G8 GXP) to the dealer last month, because it wasn't driving right(something wrong with suspension) They told me nothing wrong. I needed to get my car inspected, so I brought it to local place to save the drive to dealer(about 20 minutes further) I figure 2 year old car with only 17k miles will pass easy. They failed me said rear center brake light bad(one in window) and Right and Left front sway bar links are very badly worn !!! They wouldn't fix rear brake light, said bring it to dealer and said sway bar links should be covered under warranty and let me keep inspection sticker on. I bring it to the dealer and ask them why they didn't see the sway bar problem last time and of course they say must have just gone bad, I said BS and that they probably didn't even look at it and if they did that the person who looked at it should be fired. Now I have to wait at least a week for the parts(they had none) not even brake light? It sucks that it's the only GM dealer in my county, I think im going to have to drive a bit further and try another dealer out, then again all GM dealers probably S**k !!! also Im pretty sure my strut mount bushings are shot, but of course they say nothing wrong ! sorry for my rant but im pissed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yea. I took my car in last month for strut bushings They said it had already been replaced. Well yesterday I lowered my car. And thinking ahead I bought new poly bushings. And guess what. Rubber strut bushings that looked like ass.

So yea. I'm going to take them up to the dealership and ask them if they even looked at my car.
    09 VE SS-V
    Performance:
    404ci Lunati Crank and Rods, Wiseco Pistons,TSP 235/239,Dallas performance LSA Heads, Yank 3600SS Stall Built Trans

Appearance: SS-V conversion/ Brembo's/ XXR 522's/tein springs/ HSV gauges

Old Numbers 378hp/365tq
    New numbers 5xxrwhp\5xxrwtq

Post Thanks / Like

Stock suspension? I don't see how your end links could be bad with as few miles you have on the car.

Problem areas are strut mounts, front control arms/ball joints, radius rods, and rear tire wear.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Any part can fail at any time. You can let the dealer replace it under warranty. Stock ones are weak. You can buy aftermarket ones from BMR or Pedders. Very strong but expensive.Then there is the Moog links for the front , K750162 and 163. Under $30.00 each at most parts outlets. Lubeable joints and a stonger tubular centre bar.
    Choice is yours.
    '09 GT SRM Cortex tuner, Solo HFC, VCM Intake,Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links

Post Thanks / Like

not surprised the didn't have your 3rd brake light. I am surprised its not functioning. are the windows tinted by chance. Might not be plugged in.

have you looked yourself?

end links might not be bad at all, they just don't look like end links of other cars. Sadly most techs have never seen a G8 and don't know what it should or shouldn't look like. (least around here)
    If Guns Kill people, then Spoons Cause Diabetes

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

What state requires an inspection of sway bar links? Sway bars aren't even a safety item. They simply improve handling.

Post Thanks / Like

Same experience everyf%!'...g time . U gotta love those worthless dealerships.
    I have G8GT 888 Last In 08...
    Front/Rear Camaro Brembo Swap/ Drilled-slotted Rotors, EBC Yellow pads
    FE3 Suspension, BMR Sway Bars, BremmerKraft Wheels,
    Eibach Springs.
    Magnaflow 3" catback With 3''high flow cats.
    Rotofab CAI
    Radical Ported TB/ Intake manifold from Peak Speed Shop
    VectorMotorsports Tune
    Red Bulbs all around
    PLasti dip Vynil wrap handles, roof, spoiler, hood
    HID Kitsui 6000k
    DougTHorley LT headers
    Powerband Pulley
    ReckArt Ls3 MAF Sensor/Housing
    Red Aircraft Aluminum Paddle Shifters
    Red/black GXP steerng wheel....