Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedders Xa coil over shock leaking oil

Post Thanks / Like

How does the paint look after having it on it?
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

it's not corrosive,
    Give me a call tomorrow after 10am, 860-880-0486

Post Thanks / Like

Any news on the outcome?
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to Rob at Wretched Motorsports, he started the warranty claim which was nice of him to do. Pedders USA sent an e-mail to say that they are ordering the two rear coil overs, should be here in 2 weeks but in those two e-mails they would not answer my questions about labor cost. I have an extremely strong opinion that labor should be covered on this very, very, very early failure........They are probably running these questions through upper management and I will give them time to do that....thus far very responsive and professional company like I would expect, but they need to come through with labor....more to come.
    Thank to all of you for the advise and support
    2009 G8 GT Silver Metalic with Premium Onyx/red - Sunroof - Sport package - Vararam intake - DOD delete - Livernois 2C cam - Kooks Mids 1 7/8" - Corsa cat back - Pedders Xas - triple Gauge - Blue tooth module - VIM

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be surprised if they cover labor, nobody does unless they did the labor. I hope they do but it would be highly unusual.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

After you remove the leaking one, see if you can see where it is leaking. Guess Pedders would like to check it out as well.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

@ Wreckwrite, these Pedders Xa's were installed by a certified Pedders installers, I paid the extra $$ for the piece of mind. if those coil overs failed after 150,000 mile (I am just throwing out a number here just for comparison) I would not be demanding that they cover labbor. But when a coil over fail after 20,000 miles, there is definitely an issue with those units. You can't expect a customer that has done everything by the rules to fork up labor on a defective product twice within 2 years...... I will not allow it, and I am pretty sure Pedders will do the right thing here.
    @ Panzer Leader, I am pretty sure Pedders would want those units to do some kind of analysis on them to see what happened.....
    2009 G8 GT Silver Metalic with Premium Onyx/red - Sunroof - Sport package - Vararam intake - DOD delete - Livernois 2C cam - Kooks Mids 1 7/8" - Corsa cat back - Pedders Xas - triple Gauge - Blue tooth module - VIM

Post Thanks / Like

Just got word that the dampers left AU for the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

I also doubt the labor would be covered, MAX most parts are covered for are 12 months or 12,000 miles. I would be happy they were nice enough to replace something that has been on the vehicle 20,000 miles and not try and pro-rate it (saying will give you 50% off a new pair). Just my opinion though....Seems like they have very good customer service!

-Ryan
    2008 G8 GT IOM

Livernois Stage 1 cam, Livernois ported heads with CNC valve job, Kooks 1 7/8 LT's, Magnaflow axle backs, Fast LSXR, Roto-fab CAI, 160 thermostat, BMR front and rear sway bars, BMR rear cradle bushings, BMR rear diff. bushings and H&R springs. Tuned by RPM 428.34 hp and 406.44tq. Best time of 12.36@114.9 on Street tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solty View Post
    @ Wreckwrite, these Pedders Xa's were installed by a certified Pedders installers, I paid the extra $$ for the piece of mind. if those coil overs failed after 150,000 mile (I am just throwing out a number here just for comparison) I would not be demanding that they cover labbor. But when a coil over fail after 20,000 miles, there is definitely an issue with those units. You can't expect a customer that has done everything by the rules to fork up labor on a defective product twice within 2 years...... I will not allow it, and I am pretty sure Pedders will do the right thing here.
    @ Panzer Leader, I am pretty sure Pedders would want those units to do some kind of analysis on them to see what happened.....
    Let us know what they do.