Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bmr lca's

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmanx View Post
    does this have rebuilable joints or whatever makes them sqeak on the g8? and are we getting 2 or 4 for the price i need some
    Since you only have 2 rear LCA's, It's only 2 pieces. The bushing can be lubed.
    '
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Since you only have 2 rear LCA's, It's only 2 pieces. The bushing can be lubed.
    '
    I be skimming not reading , my bad dawg

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hayabusa160 View Post
    do you mind if i ask is there any cons to making the lca shorter? on the g8 specifically.

reason i ask is because spc made a smilar thing for the civics and integras a shorter lca to correct camber however it altered the suspension geometry and altered the toe angles when the suspension was moving to be out of hondas spec making the car unstable under heavy braking. also caused the suspension to bind at the main bushing.

i dont really mind if it alters the camber im lowered already but i have adjustments to correct it. its just my concern of altering how the arm moves due to the change in length.
    When using our rear lower control arms you will need to use adjustable toe rods to get the geometry back in spec as far as the toe goes, but we have seen no ill effects as far as being unstable under hard braking or any binding and I am sure that is due to the arc the arm moves on. We have quite a few of these rear lower control arms on late model Camaros that are being raced heavily and have had nothing but rave reviews on them.
    T.C. Davis
    BMR G8/5th Gen Camaro Classic GM Tech/Sales

tc@bmrsuspension.com
    www.bmrsuspension.com
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

ok cool. just one more question i already have the bmr toe arm but its not the adjustable unit. but i do have the pedders bolts that give more adjustment. will this be enough to correct for the arm?

im looking to run 1.5 neg camber anyways.
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/signaturepics/sigpic600_1.gif

Post Thanks / Like

Great questions hayabusa160, so......what's the word on this? So I take it this is more of a drag racing part, then a road racing part, because we love neg. camber, but by making it shorter, drag racers will like it more with no camber.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todasi View Post
    Great questions hayabusa160, so......what's the word on this? So I take it this is more of a drag racing part, then a road racing part, because we love neg. camber, but by making it shorter, drag racers will like it more with no camber.
    As far as pure handling goes you would want negative camber but that negative cambers comes at the price of additional tire wear, now this is perfectly fine if you are driving a race car but most guys on here aren't willing to give up too much tire wear for a little bit of extra handling. I hate to specifically say it is for one form of driving or the other because it could really work in both instances depending on the vehicle and what kind of driving is done with the vehicle.
    T.C. Davis

tc@bmrsuspension.com
    www.bmrsuspension.com
    Like us on Facebook!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
    As far as pure handling goes you would want negative camber but that negative cambers comes at the price of additional tire wear, now this is perfectly fine if you are driving a race car but most guys on here aren't willing to give up too much tire wear for a little bit of extra handling. I hate to specifically say it is for one form of driving or the other because it could really work in both instances depending on the vehicle and what kind of driving is done with the vehicle.
    Thanks for the reply, so folks, these will work well for all racing.

Post Thanks / Like

We kind of knew they would be fine for racing. Anyone setting up for track use is going to be lowered for better handling. BMR is not going to make a part that is weaker than stock. The concern is the adjustable arm for the stock height vehicles. The more points of adjustment, the more problems. Do you eliminate the cam bolts with the adjustable arm. If they are going to make two arms, make 2 specific lenghts.
    '09 GT SRM Cortex tuner, Solo HFC, VCM Intake,Spohn Trailing Arms & Toe Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT Drew View Post
    We kind of knew they would be fine for racing. Anyone setting up for track use is going to be lowered for better handling. BMR is not going to make a part that is weaker than stock. The concern is the adjustable arm for the stock height vehicles. The more points of adjustment, the more problems. Do you eliminate the cam bolts with the adjustable arm. If they are going to make two arms, make 2 specific lenghts.
    I am trying to get the higher ups to do stock length fixed non-adjustable lower control arm for ease but I am not sure how well that will go over with them. In all reality you could get rid of the cam bolts if you were going to use our rear adjustable lower control arm. There is going to be enough adjustment in the adjuster on the rear arm that there will be no need for the cam bolts if you choose not to use them. I am going to try to either get them to sell a bolt kit or include it with the arm that will come with piece to lock the arm in place so you can get rid of the cam bolts.
    T.C. Davis

tc@bmrsuspension.com
    www.bmrsuspension.com
    Like us on Facebook!