Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Brake Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Ok awesome. Im excitied to feel the difference in the stopping power. I was thinking of getting the SS brake lines. I want to see how they are with out them first
    2008 NA G8 GT

1/4 mile = 10.93 @ 123
    60' = 1.47
    DA = 500

Naturally Aspirated-230/242 Cam-.030 Milled Heads-Valve Job-New Era Performance ECM/TCM tune-New Era Performance Ported Throttle Body-Vararam CAI-Rick Crawford Modified Intake Manifold-VMS HSRK-UD Pulley-MSD Plugs-4" MAF-Ram Air Plate-Circle D Triple Disk 4000-4200 245mm Converter-3.45 gears-1 7/8 American Racing Headers-Magnaflow mid muffler-SLP Lowering Springs in Rear-M&H Skinnies-Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials 295/45/17-Dark Star Rims

- ARANGO AUTOMOTIVE & TOWING SERVICES, WEBSTER NY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hulkss View Post
    For Stock GT Brakes:

17D1351CH Pads, Ceramic, Front, AC Delco
    12062113 Rotors, Premium, Front, Centric
    17D1352CH Pads, Ceramic, Rear, AC Delco
    12062114 Rotors, Premium, Rear, Centric
    I just had this setup installed today. Magnificent. Wheel shake that I used to get when braking is gone. NO MORE STEERING WHEEL SHAKE man it feels good to say that.
    2009.5 MSM/Onyx G8 GT premium/sport/sunroof
    Wrenched and tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning in Cedar Park, TX USA

Post Thanks / Like

Hawk Ceramic pads and standard Centric rotors all around. Works awesome!
    Lot of people do not understand that with "high performance" big brakes you need tires that can keep up with them also.
    2000 Maple Red Metallic Trans Am A4, Grandfather Left It To Me
    LME 440 LS7|TSP LXR 285cc LS7x|278/286 .718 .702 112+4|Becks 115mm|Direct Port|D&D T56 Mag|McLeod RXT
    2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT SMR||KOOKs 1-7/8"|Corsa|VaraRam|223/231 .610/.617 115+4||All Tuned by HT at REDLINE

Post Thanks / Like

Update... three weeks with the "hulkss special" on my brake setup. Use has ranged from daily driving to "running with the Corvettes" at the Austin NCCA meet. No shimmy / shake / fade to speak of. I'm using the factory brake lines and fluid, no issues. Brake feel is much improved and less effort to stop as well. If I stab the brakes it'll stop on a dime, no pull and no drama. Last but not least, no brake dust - none.

Thanks for this thread, guys. This was really useful info and real world results back it up. I couldn't believe the pot metal that passed for the factory rotor system, I should have taken pictures of that. You could feel the ridges & gouges in the rotor face with your finger, this was after 30k miles of what I'd consider normal use. The factory pads are also horrible... one of the rear pads actually broke apart in my hand when I picked it up to look at it. Not confidence inspiring
    2009.5 MSM/Onyx G8 GT premium/sport/sunroof
    Wrenched and tuned by Reckart Performance Tuning in Cedar Park, TX USA

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon0652 View Post
    Hawk Ceramic pads and standard Centric rotors all around. Works awesome!
    Lot of people do not understand that with "high performance" big brakes you need tires that can keep up with them also.
    99.999% time, with street tires, the tires are the limitation. The only differences from pads will be longevity, fade resistance in track/racing situations, dust, and noise.