Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Announcing a new Hacked Atari Programming Option!

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Announcing a new Hacked Atari Programming Option!

I had a customer with a camshaft and high volume/pressure oil pump contact me to let me know his oil pump was so responsive that he thought the Atari's were missing some of the changes or "lagging" as he put it in his particular setup. My Atari Calibration has a faster refresh/response rate on the Oil Pressure gauge anyhow so I was kind of surprised by this but none the less he was right!

Now available is the SUPER Oil Pressure readout! (I know, cheesy but I couldn't figure out what else to call it!)

This readout performs about as fast as you could possibly want it to and still be readable/usable!

In testing with a set range of 0-150PSI (I know a little high eh?) in a Sine wave format at about .2Hz the factory gauge would never read below 7 nor would it get above 133 it was just too slow. It would also jump quite a bit from say 5PSI to 30 to 70 and you would miss quite a bit of the data between what it decided to display

The new revised version showed from 0 to 147 PSI and hit basically DOUBLE the data points between updates letting you get an accurate idea of the oil pressure. Some spikes that were previously unseen were now visible and hopefully will alert people to an early problem with their oiling system

This available as an option now for ship in 2008 service and will be available on the next batch SAS gets in as well.
    Last edited by GTPprix; 03-26-2011 at 02:44 PM.