Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Roto-Fab air intake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jraymond30 View Post
    thanks! Did you read the post up on this page about running a hose in the triangle part extending into the airbox? I dont know if it will work just an idea. What do you think?
    I don't know yet, still thinking on options but I think you're on the right track.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered and have received the single NACA duct (you see them on high end cars and are used in nascar, on the flat areas like the windows) and the appropriate hose. I also have the Roto Cai on the way. For true ram air, yes the system needs to be relatively sealed. That would include a lid on the Roto Cai. My plan is to install it where GRRRR8 has his lower panel mods and attach the hose to direct incoming air to the triangular shaped inlet. It wont' be sealed to it but directed to it. The hose is relatively stiff (no jokes please) so should need minimal bracing. The purpose and design of the NACA duct is to draw air from usually low pressure areas such as side panels and undercarriages, such as the from the lower valance panel. The idea is to direct the air from forward motion directly to the lower inlet of the Roto. I like the idea of opening the lower valance panel, but I also like the idea of a vent that actually is designed to draw air in and not just rely on air that passes by. At the very least, as the vehicle is moving it will lower the IAT more rapidly. Will see how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like

Roto-Fab seals to the hood, no other lid needed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wreckwriter View Post
    Roto-Fab seals to the hood, no other lid needed.
    I didn't know that!! I figured for sure that there would be a gap at the hood.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you put a little powder on the Roto seal you can adjust the seal to hit the hood. It is not 100% sealed, but pretty close.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G