Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel System

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
    I use Shell V-Power 93 octane. Is there any additive you can use to get rid of those deposits on the intake valves?

A BG fuel treatment is HARD to beat!

2009.5 MSM GXP 500ish N/A RWHP. Mods include but aren't limited to: Texas Speed 418 (6.8L) fully forged held together with ARP from top to bottom, PRC 255cc heads, Rick Crawford intake plenum, TB port, polish and tune, Roto-Fab 102mm CAI w/LS7 MAF, Kooks 1-7/8" headers wrapped with DEI, Corsa catless system, Circle D 3200 Stall, 3.45 final drive, BMR's complete street bushing kit and sway bars, Eibach Pro Kit, G-Force Axles, running on staggered VMR 710's with Bridgestone RE11 rubber. HSV triple gauge pack with Calais smokers kit mod, V6 tails, debadge/rebadge, V6 door handles, AU black door trim, Maverick Man under hood strut covers, & washer and bolt kit, fully corrected paint thanks to Adams Polishes and my hard work. Built with reliability in mind with some power for those times when you need to pass or go over a big hill. Just a poser, not a racer!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    BP 93 is one of the best. I wish they had it in Texas.
    Cool. That's what I'll be using.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using Shell or Mobil 93, I'll have to try BP.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

BP, Exxon/Mobil are both great. Shell seems to have the highest ethanol content.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so today the car didn't feel as powerful as it did the day before. The only thing I did was fill it up with 94 Octane with 10% ethanol. Any ideas??
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    GXP Front Facia | GXP Rear Valance | K&N Intake | SLP/Powerbond UDP | MSD 8.8 Wires | E3 Spark Plugs | 180Deg Thermostat | HSRK | Apexi Grounding Kit | Goodyear Gator-back Belts | 6000K HID Headlights | Billet Oil Cap | Thirdshift Custom Cubby Plaque | GM Performance Division Plaque | Nylon Braid Wire Loom | Specter Hose Clamps | SS Alan Key Valve Cover Bolts | Redline Water Wetter | Amsoil Synthetic Power Steering Fluid | Mobil 1 0W40 Synthetic Oil | Amsoil EO 50 Oil Filter | Cleaning & Detailing by Meguires Products |

Post Thanks / Like

I've never liked the BP fuel before, but know if I run anything else my plugs are shot. Some companies must be putting a funky additive in the fuel to make the plugs turn the colors I'm seeing
    Winning may not be everything, but its still better than losing

I don't know you. I don't know what have done. If you are looking to talk up a race for 3 hours, I can tell you I don't have the time. But what I do have are a very particular set of parts; parts I have acquired over a very long career. Parts that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you go home, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not punk you. But if you don't, I will punk you, I will race you, and I will embarrass you.