Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airbag Fault..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Airbag Fault..

got in my car today.. started it, and a message came up saying AirBag Fault/Contact Dealer... and idea what that means and is it serious??
    2009 G8 GT- New ERA OTR Intake - Wortec Exhaust system.
    More to come................

Post Thanks / Like

It was a faulty seat belt tensioner in my car. It took the dealer a while to diagnose it correctly.
    Vararam, TSP cam, DOD delete, Livernois dual springs, Comp trunion kit, 1 7/8 Kooks mids, Dynomax Ultra-flows, MNM catch can, tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports

Eibach springs+FE3 suspension, BMR tunnel brace, Subframe connectors, and trailing arms, Asetto Garra 18s, BFG Sport Comp2s

TSS Concept darts, MM billet, Crazy Paul's Holden gear

Post Thanks / Like

Any luck with this? My car has been at the dealer for 2 days now. Got a phonecall today saying they have to order a new airbag module!!

Post Thanks / Like

I get this occasionally. Its a very strang error, they replaced modules and clips but it still comes back in cold weather.
    Don't be jealous because my G8 is Orange...

Post Thanks / Like

I need a new airbag control module. Though I am still waiting for it to come in and it was ordered about 3 months ago. I am getting sick of seeing that stupid light.

35w 6000K hid's, 20" Camaro SS wheels with Goodyear Eagle GT tires, Blacked out trim, CAI, Solo Mach balanced exhaust, Kooks 1 7/8 LTH, HP Tuners

Post Thanks / Like

its a terminal tension problem at the connector under the front seats. I went round and round with one. There should be a bulliten coming about soon for it.

Post Thanks / Like

I just started getting random airbag errors on the DIC a couple of weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like

It was the actuator in my car. Light came on one day on the way home. Then, sometimes for the next couple days it would start dinging at me repeatedly like there was a new code every 5 seconds, and sometimes it would just ding once on my entire drive.
    - Erik
    '09 PBM GT
    Vararam, Powerflash, HSRK, UPR Catch Can, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH, mids, muffs, black KMC District wheels staggered

Post Thanks / Like

Got this today, wondering if this is just a cold weather issue. Anyone able to get this covered outside of the 36k warranty?
    2008 White G8 GT
    Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers, Kooks Catted X-Pipe, Kooks Catback Exhaust with single 3" tips, SLP UDP, Volant CAI & AMSOIL filter, BMR stuff
    351hp / 370tq via Dynojet (Before 2012 changes)
    2012 changes - Yank Converter, DSS 1 piece Driveshaft, Forgestar F14 Staggered

AMSOIL

Post Thanks / Like

Went to a party on Saturday night, and my wife was driving and I was in the passenger seat. The airbag fault was going off the entire time - all the way there, all the way back.

It only happens to me when there is a passenger in the front. When I'm driving alone it never goes off.