Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Door Lock Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default Door Lock Issues

I'm having some issues with my Rear Driver's side door lock. Every now and then it doesn't lock / unlock on the first try. I've noticed that sometimes it is very slow to react or transition from one position to another. Called the dealership and they said the G8 doesn't have a door lock acuator like most vehicles and they would need to take a look at it.

Any thoughts from the experts?
    2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Mods Completed So Far:
    Custom Painted Engine Cover - Auto Dimming Mirror
    Pypes Axel-Back Exhaust - DDM 55W 6000K HID's
    VLED Backup LED's - Holden V8 Badges - Stubby Antenna
    Homelink Opener in Visor - Vararam OTR Intake - TSS Atari Plaque
    UPR Catch Can - GXP Diffuser - JettStream HSRK & Vararam Coupler

Contact me via PM if you are interested in a Homelink Visor!

Post Thanks / Like

I havent heard of any problems, but there has been water intrusion into the G8's. Maybe there is a little corrosion.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

We just had an actuator for the passenger rear door replaced for the very reason that you state.

Post Thanks / Like

I had my rear drivers side door latch replaced under warranty due to it not locking/unlocking properly. Part number was 92215255.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WANG View Post
    We just had an actuator for the passenger rear door replaced for the very reason that you state.
    So it does have an actuator?
    2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Mods Completed So Far:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The door locks have actuators but they also have relays that are controlled by the BCM, so you might have a bad relay.

Door Lock and Unlock Operation
    When the door lock switch is activated in the lock or unlock position the BCM will detect a voltage drop on either the door lock switch lock or unlock signal circuits.

The BCM, upon receipt of a lock switch lock or unlock signal, will provide the appropriate relay control circuit with voltage or ground. This will energize the relays. The relay will supply voltage to the door lock actuator lock or unlock control circuits. Since the opposite side of the lock actuator is connected to ground through the other lock actuator control circuit and the normally closed contacts of the lock or unlock relay, the doors will then lock or unlock as commanded.

Three relays are used to operate the door latches, DR/LCK, DR/UNLCK, and DRVR DR/UNLCK relays. The driver door latch is isolated so that only the driver door will unlock by a command from the remote keyless entry transmitter.

Some more info about how the door locks work.

The body control module (BCM) provides battery positive voltage and ground to the appropriate lock and unlock control circuits of the door lock and unlock relays. The lock control circuits of the driver and passenger door latch assemblies share a common relay; however, the unlock control circuits have separate relays. The system is designed this way so that the keyless entry transmitter may be used to unlock only the driver door.

The BCM supplies and monitors a reference voltage to the door lock/window switch through the door lock switch lock and unlock signal circuits. The door lock/window switch also receives a constant ground source. If a door lock switch is placed in the lock position or unlock position, the reference voltage is taken directly to ground and the BCM detects the voltage drop on the signal circuit.

The BCM, upon receipt of a lock switch lock signal, will switch the all lock relay control circuit to battery positive voltage. This will energize the relay. The relay will supply voltage to the door lock actuator lock control circuits to one side of the lock actuator. Since the opposing side of the lock actuators are connected to ground through the other lock actuator control circuit and the normally closed contacts of the lock or unlock relay, the doors will then lock appropriately. The remaining unlock relays receive voltage from the I/P fuse block, the BCM upon receipt of a unlock signal or driver door unlock signal will switch the appropriate unlock relay to ground. This will energize the appropriate unlock relay. The relay will supply voltage to the appropriate door unlock control circuits to one side of the lock actuator. Since the opposing side of the lock actuators are connected to ground through the other lock actuator control circuits and the normally closed contact of the lock relay, the doors will then unlock appropriately.
    Last edited by DRCUSTOMPARTS; 09-09-2010 at 05:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info!
    2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Mods Completed So Far:

Post Thanks / Like

Just took mine in for the same thing. That and my radio not turning off after I shut off the car and get out. Had to order the acuator for the rear door and a striker switch for my door. Hopefully it doesnt take that long to come in. Took 4 months to get my center a/c vents in.

EB

Post Thanks / Like

So the dealer says its normal.... I'm thinking second opinion and not going back!
    2009 Stryker Blue G8 GT
    Mods Completed So Far:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

It's not normal, mine work everytime and yours should too. I'm sure everyone else's do too, so you need to tell them that or go to a different dealer.