Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Door Lock Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Now my trunk release acuator took a dump! My 36000 mi warranty just expired, too. I have the extended warranty but will have to pay $100 regardless. Anyone have the part # for this acuator? Maybe I can install it myself if it's cheaper than my deductible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HSV-GTS-300 View Post
    The Latest New Numbers Added

Left Front door latch assembly Part #92215257 ------> 92236014
    right front door latch assembly part#92215256 ------> 92236013
    Left rear Door lock actuator assembly Part #92215255 ------> 92236012
    right rear door lock actuator assembly part #92215254 ------> 92236011
    With GM parts direct, I see two different prices for the same part. What gives?
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

GMPD is a ripoff. They have the lowest price then overcharge for shipping, and it takes weeks to receive the parts. I always buy from monsterpartsonline, they have good prices and fast reasonably priced shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    GMPD is a ripoff. They have the lowest price then overcharge for shipping, and it takes weeks to receive the parts. I always buy from monsterpartsonline, they have good prices and fast reasonably priced shipping.
    Thanks for the tip. In this case, GMPD prices are (with shipping) 60.63 for 92215255 and 59.75 for 92236012. Both are less expensive than Monster, at 63.57 shipped. I have ordered from GMPD before, and am satisfied with the shipping method used and time to get to my door. I was really wondering why the difference in price for equal parts (although I have seen this before). I'm also curious if anyone has used this PN yet - 92236012

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Evidently GMPD has changed their ways then, probably since there's a lot of other GM parts suppliers popping up online lately. As for the price difference, they sell below suggested retail price so they can make their own prices. It all depends and how much profit they want to make on each part they sell.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine just recently started doing this not locking or unlocking from time to time on the rear drivers side door. WEIRD?
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    GXP Front Facia | GXP Rear Valance | K&N Intake | SLP/Powerbond UDP | MSD 8.8 Wires | E3 Spark Plugs | 180Deg Thermostat | HSRK | Apexi Grounding Kit | Goodyear Gator-back Belts | 6000K HID Headlights | Billet Oil Cap | Thirdshift Custom Cubby Plaque | GM Performance Division Plaque | Nylon Braid Wire Loom | Specter Hose Clamps | SS Alan Key Valve Cover Bolts | Redline Water Wetter | Amsoil Synthetic Power Steering Fluid | Mobil 1 0W40 Synthetic Oil | Amsoil EO 50 Oil Filter | Cleaning & Detailing by Meguires Products |

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is doing it too, passenger side rear. Only when it's cold out though....

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had any door lock issues, and mine G8 has been to high pressure cars washes many times.
    Water intrusion has to be coming from somewhere else.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRCUSTOMPARTS View Post
    Evidently GMPD has changed their ways then, probably since there's a lot of other GM parts suppliers popping up online lately. As for the price difference, they sell below suggested retail price so they can make their own prices. It all depends and how much profit they want to make on each part they sell.
    not wondering about the difference between vendors. I want to know why 2 of the same parts -"Left rear Door lock actuator assembly Part #92215255 ------> 92236012" have 2 different part numbers, and why those part numbers have different prices if they are indeed the same parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Where are these relays? Anyone have any pics or write up on how to change them? My pass side front door is doing this now.
    2008 MGM G8 GT
    20% tint
    Hard Wired V1 Radar Detector
    2 Image Dynamic IDQV2D2 run off JL Audio 500/1