Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Door Lock Issues

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boomer View Post
    Just got my rear drivers side replaced yesterday. After I get home, the rear passenger side starts doing it....coincidence? Not sure, but at least the one they fixed works.

I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer about getting the rear passenger side fixed now.
    Please post the parts replaced, so those of us outside of warranty can gain from your experience. Thanks.
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

My drivers side door just started doing this last week. grrr...
    2008 IOM GT

Show: color matched headlights w/ audi LED, halo conversion and blue "transformer" eyes *link*; Midnight-Silver Camaro Wheels (want them to be black), GXP Diffuser; Limo tint; Plasti-dipped grille and pontiac emblems.
    Performance: Flowmasters , CF Roto-fab
    Someday: Solo exhaust, (leaning towards) RPM tune, GTPrix modded gauges, cam, kooks headers

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has that and it is BAD.
    My driver door will lock at random while open, and it cannot be closed or unlocked.
    Worse thing is that after you spend your life time with a door that...well...closes... I almost broke mine several times due to that problem!
    I once had to drive for almost 8 miles while holding the door closed with my left hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SLRdude View Post
    Mine has that and it is BAD.
    My driver door will lock at random while open, and it cannot be closed or unlocked.
    Worse thing is that after you spend your life time with a door that...well...closes... I almost broke mine several times due to that problem!
    I once had to drive for almost 8 miles while holding the door closed with my left hand.
    That sounds like a definite BCM issue.
    2008 IOM GT

Show: color matched headlights w/ audi LED, halo conversion and blue "transformer" eyes *link*; Midnight-Silver Camaro Wheels (want them to be black), GXP Diffuser; Limo tint; Plasti-dipped grille and pontiac emblems.
    Performance: Flowmasters , CF Roto-fab
    Someday: Solo exhaust, (leaning towards) RPM tune, GTPrix modded gauges, cam, kooks headers

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my passenger doors do it occasionally. Its quit annoying and I will be taking it to the dealer for a service soon. I'll let you guys know what they say.
    Don't be jealous because my G8 is Orange...

Post Thanks / Like

My rear passenger door does it too. I have to hit the unlock three times, and then it always unlocks. I can hear it on the second and third time, but it does not unlock all the way until the third time. It just seems like something isn't moving correctly. I think it started shortly after I replaced the rear door speakers. I probably just need to take it apart and squirt some lube in there. My driver's side door lock makes a weird buzzing sound now too after replacing the front door speakers. I think the locks and cables are somewhat fussy.

Post Thanks / Like

this just started with mine

I tried to close my door the other day and all I heard was a "WHAM" and noticed it didn't actually close. If I open and close the back door it works fine after that. I plan on taking it in sometime this week to get that looked at

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blown396 View Post
    Just took mine in for the same thing. That and my radio not turning off after I shut off the car and get out. Had to order the acuator for the rear door and a striker switch for my door. Hopefully it doesnt take that long to come in. Took 4 months to get my center a/c vents in.

EB
    I just had the same problem. They replaced the actuator and switch in my driver's side door. Didn't take longer than a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok so does anyone have a receit with the part numbers for people out of warranty because im having the issue with my driver side but cant find the damn partnumber.

Texas speed 408 stroker,Lingenfelter ls3 ported heads,tv1900,2.8 pulley,kooks header header back,custom axel back, squash double pump upgrade, e85 tein lowering , demon 8 triple pod, brembo brakes ,brm sway bar, bmr toe rod , bmr end link, spohn trailing arms, tein springs,tsw nurburgring rims. Icebox. Old numbers on stock engine 650/620 with 3.0 pulley

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my passenger doors do it occasionally. Its quit annoying
    my problem exactly! too bad im way outta warranty....i guess my passengers will have to be patient
    its not how shiny it is or how fast it is,its how you drive it!
    GT,prem,sport pkgs
    hood deflector
    GXP diffuser
    smoked corner and tail signals
    trunk mat
    kicker subs-sony amp(custom well ecl.-me build!)
    Infinity 2way doors
    MTX re-q (for subs)
    35% tint all around
    red LED's under dash + seats
    Vararam & HSRK
    Kaltech custom 93 tune
    Solo axlebacks
    333RWHP/340RWTQ (mustang dyno)