Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Something interesting for Kooks guys building a custom exhaust!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something interesting for Kooks guys building a custom exhaust!

We have a lot of people buying Kooks headers and skipping the X-pipe to save money or work with a catback like Borla. What we have found works great if you want to keep the cats is Kooks Camaro connections. Basically these connections are 11.5" long and include a ball and socket connector to connect to any Kooks header with a 3" collector. They also include Kooks high flow cats, rear O2 bungs, and end in a 2" run of 2.5" diameter pipe to build whatever you want off of. The PT# is 6513 OEMC

You can buy these here. If your buying them with headers, we also can discount them some.

http://marylandspeed.com/kooks-3-x-2...mc-p-2676.html
    Call Us @ 443-730-9428 for Orders or Technical Support
    Check Out Our Sale on Kooks Headers!
    Vist us @ www.MarylandSpeed.com for LOW Prices and Hassle Free buying!

Kusel Germany, (outside of Kaiserslautern)
    Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting, may have to look at the Kooks LT's now. Thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Borla catback that I bought from you, along with my Vararam, Cortex, etc. LOL. I will be doing headers soon and I was set on the Kooks mids w/high flow cats.

This may sound like a dumb question:

Kooks Mids w/high flow cats to my Borla VERSUS Kooks Long Tube Headers with these connection cats to my Borla - what will the performance and sound difference be for the extra $400 or so dollars??? The latter certainly "looks" like a straighter, less restrictive exhaust path than the mids...

Also, do you have a picture of the Kooks Long Tubes mated to these connection cats?
    Last edited by SpeedRacerX; 07-22-2010 at 06:19 PM.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    I have the Borla catback that I bought from you, along with my Vararam, Cortex, etc. LOL. I will be doing headers soon and I was set on the Kooks mids w/high flow cats.

Kooks Mids w/high flow cats to my Borla VERSUS Kooks Long Tube Headers with these connection cats to my Borla - what will the performance and sound difference be for the extra $400 or so dollars??? The latter certainly "looks" like a straighter, less restrictive exhaust path than the mids...

Also, do you have a picture of the Kooks Long Tubes mated to these connection cats?
    +1, I'd like to see this.

I'm evaluating SLP headers with a Solo Mach Shorty system for my future. Would go Kooks if this would work just as well.
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*

Post Thanks / Like

The Kooks LT's will make a bit more power than the mid length headers, which are basically shorties on roids. I would gues 10-15 RWHP difference. As for the connection part of it..I have no clue. Basically, I had customers calling wanting Kooks LT's with Borla or Solo exhausts..but they hated not having cats. It hit me that these little cats for the Camaro could have a lot of uses..so I have been suggesting them to customers. We have sold a few now for this application with no complaints, so I am assuming that they mate up just fine.

As for Kooks vs. SLP..Kooks are made of better material (304 vs. 409 stainless), and include a much better collector with merge spike.

Lastly, AGain, if you buy these with G8 long tubes and call us, we should be able to work some kind of deal out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post

Call Us @ 443-730-9428 for Orders or Technical Support
    Check Out Our Sale on Kooks Headers!
    Vist us @ www.MarylandSpeed.com for LOW Prices and Hassle Free buying!

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get a picture of them looking into them from the "big end" so we can see the quality of the winding? Are these metallic or ceramic?
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
    The Kooks LT's will make a bit more power than the mid length headers, which are basically shorties on roids. I would gues 10-15 RWHP difference. As for the connection part of it..I have no clue. Basically, I had customers calling wanting Kooks LT's with Borla or Solo exhausts..but they hated not having cats. It hit me that these little cats for the Camaro could have a lot of uses..so I have been suggesting them to customers. We have sold a few now for this application with no complaints, so I am assuming that they mate up just fine.

As for Kooks vs. SLP..Kooks are made of better material (304 vs. 409 stainless), and include a much better collector with merge spike.

Lastly, AGain, if you buy these with G8 long tubes and call us, we should be able to work some kind of deal out.
    OK, so we can buy the Kooks LTs, these Camaro shorty Cats, and they'll mate to a cat-back system? I'm assuming the flange on the cats connects to the cat-back system and you either weld or clamp the other end onto the LTs?

Hell, this is the way I'll be going for sure then!
    2015 White Hot Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick - BTR Stage 3 cam, headers, intake *Traded 11/11/2023*
    2018 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 - 6.2L, Ultimate Pack *Turned in 4/13/2021*
    2016 Jungle Green Metallic Chevy SS - Sunroof/Spare/Stick *Traded 2/1/18*
    2011 Radiant Silver Metallic CTS-V Wagon - Corsa Axleback, AirAid Intake *Traded 7/7/16*
    2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT * Sold 6/10/14*