Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So I'm going to the track tonight what is a good tire pressure to run ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1sicg8 View Post
    Well still here at the track so far with 1 run two fuck ups which were leaving traction control on and going right the fucken water ran a 13.4@100mph.
    Did you end up running any better?
    2011 Mustang Gt 5.0 Auto - Houston Stock

09 PSM G8 GT - Loved but sold
    92 Mustang GT H/C/I boltons - garage ornament

Another stock mustang wnt2gofst's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by youngrushhour View Post
    If you're in street tires, avoid the water always. Nothing pisses people off more than guys with street tires going through the water box if you can go around it.

Go with around 28 lbs of air or so and raise the fronts to about 45.

Heat the fuck out of the stock tires, since you won't be getting traction with them if you don't.

Heating street tires like drag radials does no good. It makes them slicker cause they are a harder tire. There not like drag radials or slicks where they are soft and heat causes them to stick.
    2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob-Vance and Hines Short Shot staggered.

2013 F150 Ecoboost- Loaded and stock.

Post Thanks / Like

well ran a second time and ran a 14.8@100mph wiht traction control off and took off at idle, spun the shit off the tires which equaled no traction. Plus they wouldn't let run no more cause I needed a helmet I wouldn't have ran anymore because there no since in dawging the shit out of my car with no traction. I know I could run 12's with some traction not to mention I already have the BMR controls installed in the car already. I will save for CCW drag pak then take the car back with perhaps some suspension mods, oh well better luck next time.
    2009 G8 GT Mods: Roto-Fab CAI, Pypes axlebacks, HSRK, LP mod, Kooks LT's 1 7/8 into 3"x-pipe, UD pulley, Circle D 2800-3000 converter, pcmforless tranny cooler, PATRICK tune. Now hope fully in the future a MAGGIE supercharger.