Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: SLP Powerflo Tip Alignment Issue

Post Thanks / Like

Default SLP Powerflo Tip Alignment Issue

Just installed the Powerflo's last nite, but I am having a helluva time getting the passenger's side tip to line up correctly. Currently it's about 1/4 to 1/8" higher than the driver's side, and it's damn near touching the rear fascia.

I got the muffs reversed so I don't rub the heat shield, and the hanger is in the proper hole in the mount bushing. What's the best way of going about to getting it level? Bending the hanger? Putting some spacers on the Bushing mount?

Anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions?
    2008 Panther Black G8 GT /w Premium Package + Sunroof
    2005 Subaru Baja Turbo

VIP Member with OCD Executor999's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shimming the mount bushings is the way to go. The shop that installed mine used bolts to shim the bushings but I have no idea what bolts were used. My mufflers are also reversed for the same reason you mentioned.

This is how mine look. It took some TLC to get them aligned correctly on all sides. And due to the nature of the shape of the tips, they don't look aligned from certain angles, so we really took our time.

Here's a thread that helped me out with these mufflers too
    http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.p...werflo+install
    Last edited by Executor999; 06-29-2010 at 12:34 PM.

2008 Pontiac G8 GT | PBM | Premium Package | Tuned by Patrick G | Wrenched by Enhanced Street Performance
    AC Delco | ARP | ATI | BMR | Centric | GForce Engineering | GM | Holden | Kooks | Manton | Moog | Norris Motorsports | Patrick G | Pedders | Pirelli | PRC | RCR | Rotofab | Russell | Texas Speed | SuperPro | Xforce

'Charlie the GRRRR8' - Rest in Peace 11/14/2013

Post Thanks / Like

Remove the muffler and bend the hanger up. I did that on a couple sets I made. Easy Cheesy.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I ran to Lowe's last night and picked up a package of stainless steel washers. I put 6 on each mounting bolt. It's just about there, I think I need another two per side. One thing I am fighting with now is that the tip wants to go inwards. I grabbed the muffler and pulled as hard as I could to the right and torqued the bolts down as hard as i could. That seemed to help. Aligning tips are such a pain in the ass. LOL Thanks for the help guys.
    2005 Subaru Baja Turbo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Remove the muffler and bend the hanger up. I did that on a couple sets I made. Easy Cheesy.
    this. It also allows for left/right adjustments. You can grease the rubber isolators up to help the process along...
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

I got her all straightened out. To do the left/right adjustment was pretty simple. Just had to loosen up the muffler clamp and turn the muffler a bit. Then re-adjust the rear tip so it's level again. Easy Cheesy.
    2005 Subaru Baja Turbo