Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Driving thru rain storm and...

Post Thanks / Like

Those with this issue, check my thread....

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=26875
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    Mike Norris Motorsports Catchcan, AEM 30-4100, JHP Boost/Fuel Gauge Pod
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Originally Posted by TonyKarter
    Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8
    RIP Chris Wells - Panzer Leader

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I had the power loss, vibration, "loud AFM" noise issue in the rain. My only mechanical mod is the Corsa. Sounds like this issue is caused by water in the exhaust possibly getting caught up in the muffler? Ironically last week I changed my oil and re-torqued down all the Corsa clamps.

Any other info anyone has found out of curiosity? I'm not "too" worried about it as long as the car keeps running. G8 is not the daily driver and even more rare I drive in the rain... though in the next few years might take the drive to Florida again with the family. Would hate to get stranded on the interstate.

Thanks!
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

I think you just need to heat up the exhaust system to get it dried out.

EDIT:I didn't notice this was a 5 yar old thread.
    Last edited by -Ray-; 05-31-2016 at 03:19 AM.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

I had this happen one time, driving uphill in a rainstorm. At the time it was just arh headers to stock axleback. Only time it happened.

Water has been the cause that most have pointed to, either in the mufflers or on the cats or o2s. Would like to know the definitive on this, but it's near impossible to do a/b testing because of how sporadic and random it is.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    2009 PBM G8 GT
    Pat G 218/226 & TSP Dual 660s, ARP Bits, DSteck Tuned, Magnacharger Chrome 2300 1:1, RCR Ported/Polished TB, Blower, & L92 Heads w/ LS3 intake valves, Smith Brothers Trunion Bushing Kit, ARH 1 7/8 Magnaflow MidMuff/Solo Axlebacks, RotoFab, VaporWorx PWM 1:1 fuel system, ID1050x injectors
    TSW Nurburgring Matte Gray 18" w/Nitto 555 & 555R, Satin Black SS Brembo Fronts, BMR Trailing Arms, Pedders Sway Bars, Whiteline Bushings
    Gloss Black Valve Covers, 6k HID, V6 Handles, Interior/License Plate LEDs, Debadged, Holden Black Trim, Polk Dxi, GXP diffusor, a few bits from Crazy Paul

Anyone who has ever worked on a car has been in your position, and sitting cross-legged on a concrete floor with a dim shop light is its own kind of hell... Chalk it up as one of the rites of passage.
    RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    I had this happen one time, driving uphill in a rainstorm. At the time it was just arh headers to stock axleback. Only time it happened.

Water has been the cause that most have pointed to, either in the mufflers or on the cats or o2s. Would like to know the definitive on this, but it's near impossible to do a/b testing because of how sporadic and random it is.

Just go to Texas.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Just go to Texas.
    Lmao, that's terrible.

2009 PBM G8 GT

RIP Charlie - GRRRR8

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by STL_G8GT View Post
    Lmao, that's terrible.

If ya come to Texas drive north to not be flooded,
    I had the same issue when I had my Corsa Exhaust installed and ran thru a heavy rain and it did the same thing and went away.
    A mystery
    2009 Panther Black Metallic "The Black Rat"
    Current Modifications: Front end, Roof Pillars & Front top of roof has Clear Shield, Holden V8 6.0 Badges, Holden V Trunk Badge from Crazy Paul, UPR Catch Can, Corsa Exhaust & Roto Fab CAI. Spare Tire and Jack and Tinted Window's, hood scoops gutted, Poor Mans Heater Hose modification (holding up the hoses with zip ties), Painted the front dart to Panther Black.

Patrick Guerra's Tune July 12, 2010: 345 HP, 355 Torque on 87 Octane
    Patrick's & Kurt's install of Kooks Long tubes 1 7/8" w/Corsa Connection Pipes
    11-3-10: 362 rwhp, 372 Torque and updated engine and transmission tune.

New Engine as of 10- 5, 2011. Patrick & Kurt's tune and dyno 10-19 2011:363 rwhp, 365 Torque 93 octane.
    Sounds so GRRRR8 BECAUSE RACE CAR

7-1-14 Brembo Front Brake upgrade & Bohnam Front Splitter installed Curt here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ray- View Post
    Just go to Texas.
    you do not know how true those words are...here's my place...inches from the door. I do not normally have a lake in my front yard.house flood1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Yes for us larger guys that screw can be a pain!

08 G8 GT, IOM, Rotofab, HSRK, Kooks LTs, track pipes, Custom engine covers, catch can, radiator cover, and tranny tunnel brace. 402hp/396tq - not bad for a bolt -on car.
    8.43 1/8th; 2.01 60' - no skillz.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got dozen of pics like that. I'm the 2nd to the last house and the ditch starts at my driveway. So happy your house was safe.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Post Thanks / Like

October last year that's what my basement looked like. Glad your safe! Just had to remember possessions are replaceable people aren't. Made clean up easier!
    --Brian--

2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    2008 Chevy Impala SS--Traded 4/1/2021
    2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
    2001 GMC Sierra

GODSPEED CHARLIE!!! R.I.P.