Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Cabin Air Fliter DIY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polo View Post
    PCW never approved my registration. I tried 3 different email addresses, but it kept saying something about registration denied by the automatic spam filter. I tried my work email, gmail, and ymail. I emailed them to tell them I wanted to join, but got no response. Oh well.
    That happened to me too when I tried to sign up. I tried all my different email address and none of them worked. I was getting frustrated and about to say forget it. Finally I tried signing up with "LDM G8" as my username instead of "LDM" and it worked. It says the username cannot be shorter than 3 characters, but maybe the spam filter throws up a flag as well if it's a short name. I'm guessing you tried signing up as "polo" there like you are here. If Shawn isn't able to help you get signed up, maybe try something like "polo G8".
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    That happened to me too when I tried to sign up. I tried all my different email address and none of them worked. I was getting frustrated and about to say forget it. Finally I tried signing up with "LDM G8" as my username instead of "LDM" and it worked. It says the username cannot be shorter than 3 characters, but maybe the spam filter throws up a flag as well if it's a short name. I'm guessing you tried signing up as "polo" there like you are here. If Shawn isn't able to help you get signed up, maybe try something like "polo G8".
    Thanks, man! That must have been the problem, because "poloG8" worked fine. Kinda stupid though, because it should tell you when you choose a username that it's not going to work. I assumed it was the email address causing the problem, but never thought about the user name because it said polo was "valid and not in use."

Well, as long as I'm not too late, I'll join the group buy. Thanks again!
    Last edited by polo; 09-26-2011 at 01:20 PM.

'09 PBM GT: 579hp/ 552tq - SOLD

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I thought the same thing. I just tried changing the username as a last ditch effort and surprisingly it worked. Glad it worked for you too.
    Len

White Hot 2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT
    TVS1900 | Custom Texas Speed & Performance cam spec'd and remote tuned by Patrick Guerra | LS9 Injectors | Rotofab CAI | Corsa catback | Kooks 1-7/8" LTs with catted connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Due to some not being able to register, this deal has been extended for 2 more days.
    Trigger
    My Fully Loaded 08 Stealth Blue Pontiac G8 GT

There's always someone faster,
    they just don't look as good lol
    Rotofab/Cortex/BMR/Pedders/VMR/Adams/Brakes/OBX/Nitto

PRAISE THE LOWERED

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

*****NEW GROUP BUY right here on GRRRR8*****
    G8Ray is going to do the distribution out from Indiana.

http://forum.grrrr8.net/showthread.php?t=27696
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

we still never figured out why my OE of the same part # is a 1/4 shorter than the replacement...
    2009 Maverick Silver Metallic G8 GT - sold...
    Go: Roto-Fab CAI & AFE ProDry S, CORSA catback, HP Tuners
    Show: BE Breyton GTS-AV's 19" Hyper Silver staggered with Bridgestone Potenza RE-760's 245/40 & 275/35, tint, partial debadge, VG Sharkfin antenna, Holden V8 6.0L fender badges

2012 Platinum Grey Metallic Volkswagen Jetta Highline TDi M6...

Formerly HSV-GTS-300 Crazy Paul's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pha|anx View Post
    we still never figured out why my OE of the same part # is a 1/4 shorter than the replacement...
    That still remains a mystery.
    I've had my hands on a couple hundred since then and what you received is the same as all the stock coming thru. I haven't heard of any other issues apart from yours.
    Crazy Paul
    Your Holden Parts Connection in Australia!

Post Thanks / Like

pha|anx,

This happened to me too with the Wix and the new OEM Holden filters. They were too tall to fit.

IMG_2530.JPGIMG_2533.JPGIMG_2534.JPGIMG_2536.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

I just put mine in from the group buy, and at first it I thought it was in fact taller as it was slightly squished when I installed it. I pulled it out to see if it wasnt sitting correctly, and confirmed the part numbers are the same.

The way it fits is with felt over the top and bottom to make a seal. IMO the old filter just had flatter felt and probably was slightly smaller from being installed in the car so long. I put the new filter back in, and again it looked slight crushed. Then I tried to slide the folds of the filter back and foward (left and right) and now it looked less crushed and seemed to fit better. I'd bet that if I opened it back up in a few weeks after the filter has been vibrating in there for many miles of driving it looks like it fits perfect just the the 2 year old one I just removed.

Post Thanks / Like

Just an FYI, I posted on one of the other threads - O'Reilly Auto Parts has cabin air filters by MGD - MicroGard - #3753 $9.99 ! You may have to order it, not always kept in stock. Best price I've seen anywhere, and it fit perfectly. The counter guy couldn't believe it when he looked up the WIX
    filter for over $60.00! After all, it's only a cabin air filter, why the hell are they soooooooo expensive everywhere else?
    Bob N
    2009 G8 GT
    Panther Black
    Black w/Red Int.