Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another US VIM G8 - slim ps2 installed!

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome!

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an extra PS2 slim and might just do this one day.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

just ordered mine...wife is going to be pissed, but oh well. It was this or a CAI...this toy was too cool to pass up. Plus I have a slim PS2 stashed away in a drawer at home. what better way to use it????

I will let you all know when I install how I like it...
    Rest in Peace Charlie
    08 G8 GT #150/888 MGM, Magnaflow Catback, Pedders Track II, Firehawk Wheels, 1st Gen CTSV Front Calipers and Rotors
    12 Yukon Denali
    98 2wd Two Door Tahoe - 3/5 drop 20" Coys C57s, SSBC Front brake kit, LS-swap in progress
    70 C10 SWB - Cammed LT1, 18" Boss 338's, Bagged, Original Rust

Post Thanks / Like

Winston,

Because I am a little behind the times on some of the electronic toys...I have a silly question or two or three or...on the power plug that goes from the power source in the glove box to the PS2...how does it plug into the back of the PS2? Is it made specifically for the PS2? Whered you get it?

On the AV cables, how'd you get them to connect to the PS2? A special adapter? Where'd you get it?

Please dont flame me guys...
    Rest in Peace Charlie
    08 G8 GT #150/888 MGM, Magnaflow Catback, Pedders Track II, Firehawk Wheels, 1st Gen CTSV Front Calipers and Rotors
    12 Yukon Denali
    98 2wd Two Door Tahoe - 3/5 drop 20" Coys C57s, SSBC Front brake kit, LS-swap in progress

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cashed View Post
    Winston,

Because I am a little behind the times on some of the electronic toys...I have a silly question or two or three or...on the power plug that goes from the power source in the glove box to the PS2...how does it plug into the back of the PS2? Is it made specifically for the PS2? Whered you get it?

On the AV cables, how'd you get them to connect to the PS2? A special adapter? Where'd you get it?

Please dont flame me guys...
    no problem dude.

1. here is the power plug: http://www.consoleshop.com/product.php?productid=16280

you might be able to find it cheaper using google shopping or something.

2. i got a slim ps2 at gamestop, and it came with RCA cables. those plugged into the video cable that a forum member - G8V8 (thanks again Ed!) fabricated for me. I think that if you order the unit through the vendor, they will supply the cable to plug into your stereo.

it's pretty easy to do. the most involved part was using a drill to enlarge the hole in the center console to run the power supply. the reason i chose a ps2 is because it's cheap, it's small, and it plays games AND dvds.

what part of DFW do you live in? i'm in richardson.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help, man. After I sent that message I realized that the RCA cables are probably female...my slim PS2 has the male RCAs, so I should be good on that.

I really appreciate the help on the power cord.

I live in Springtown...just north of Weatherford, west of Azle.
    Rest in Peace Charlie
    12 Yukon Denali

Post Thanks / Like

does the video input work when the car in motion or only when stopped and parking brake up or something.

edit: yea, way to make a first post eh... ill go back to lurking. *slaps self in forehead*
    Last edited by Bumpin1OHM; 11-22-2008 at 03:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Update: The wife, my son, and I drove from Dallas to San Antonio for the holiday last week and used the VIM all the way down and back. My son (2 years old) watched Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., the Muppets, etc. the whole trip. The unit worked perfectly, although I'm getting some electro-magnetic interference noise that I'm working on fixing.

On the way back, the ps2 got kinda hot and the fan came on like 5 min from the house, so we just shut it down. This was on a 6 hour trip with a couple stops.

Post Thanks / Like

Sweet. My power adapter for my PS2 and my VIM kit have both been shipped. Hope to have them both late this week or early next week.
    Rest in Peace Charlie
    12 Yukon Denali

Post Thanks / Like

let me know how it goes man.