Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vararam Install - Need Help!! - and Magnaflow Axleback

Post Thanks / Like

the little gold piece that connects into red rubber piece should be on the side not the top. maybe that is what is hitting. idk when i did mine i put is on the side and dont have any problems.

- 09 Pontiac G8 GT - Panther Black -

- 13.301 @ 104.26 MPH 60 Foot 1.969 OLD

SHOW
    - Dual Hump Gauge Pod, Sport Comp II Transmission Temperature, Oil Pressure Short Sweep | 35%/6% Tint Front/Rear | Flat Black Emblem Overlays Front/Back Arrow Heads, Steering Wheel Arrow Head | INTENSE & 6.0 Badge On Rear | VG Shark Fin Antenna | 4300 Fog Lights, SilverStar Ultra Head Lights | GXP Rear Diffuser | Plasti-Dip Grill Surroundings, Side Molding, Rear Reflectors, Side Markers, Stock 19's | Tinted Head & Fog Lights | Spyder LED Black Tail Lights

GO
    - Corsa Catback System | Vararam Intake | Kooks LT's 1 7/8 Catted Connector Pipes | 255 69cc Trick Flow heads | Pat G Custom Cam | Udp | Oil Catch Can | Yank SS 3200 | B&M Trans Cooler | Zl1 fuel pump| 100 Shot.

466 WHP MOTOR
    560 WHP n2o

SEPTEMBER 2012 G8 OF THE MONTH PFYC.COM

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking tucking the wire harness in behind the intake should give you a little more room to drop it in place.
    2003 Corvette Z06 | Torch Red | Corsa Exhaust | B&M Shifter | Intake Air Power Coupler | Vararam Intake |

Many more mods to come...

Post Thanks / Like

Bump...I'm installing mine tomorrow and was wondering if you got this issue settled.

Ps...your car looks awesome in those pix!

Post Thanks / Like

When I installed mine, I had none of these issues. My Vararam sits lower than yours and the indention on the air intake is even with the tab that is in front of it. I purchased one of Cray Paul's V-6 radiator covers and it finishes out the look of the Vararam intake. The cover fits the 6.0 litre engine radiaotrs and the Vararam will require some simple trimming to make it fit.

That resonance on your exhaust can be quieted if you take out the restrictive center muffler and put a x-Pipe in it's place. The sound then moves to the rear of the car and actually smooths out like it should, not to mention the response is better with the X-pipe..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hangar315 View Post
    Bump...I'm installing mine tomorrow and was wondering if you got this issue settled.

Ps...your car looks awesome in those pix!
    Whups, sorry, didn't see this post had been updated... I did get it settled, actually. The previous posters were right: I didn't have it properly settled into the 4" collar, so it was pushing up and out, hence the angle. Getting it settled further in allowed me to get the angle right so it could seat firmly onto the radiator. You can see between the first and second set of pictures I took, in the second set the Vararam is nestled further into the larger red collar and looks more like Charlie's installation. It should be a straight, linear shot from the throttle body through the MAF.

Hope you were able to get yours in without a problem, and thanks for the compliment on the car!

Quote Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
    When I installed mine, I had none of these issues. My Vararam sits lower than yours and the indention on the air intake is even with the tab that is in front of it. I purchased one of Cray Paul's V-6 radiator covers and it finishes out the look of the Vararam intake. The cover fits the 6.0 litre engine radiaotrs and the Vararam will require some simple trimming to make it fit.
    I might have to look into one of the radiator covers. I hate to cover things up with plastic, but bare, things do look a tad... messy.

Quote Originally Posted by piecesparts View Post
    That resonance on your exhaust can be quieted if you take out the restrictive center muffler and put a x-Pipe in it's place. The sound then moves to the rear of the car and actually smooths out like it should, not to mention the response is better with the X-pipe..
    Ah ha! Good to know. I plan to drop in a set of American Racing Headers at some point, which should do the trick, since they include all the plumbing from engine to axles.

By the way, I never said thanks for the all help. The Vararam's been running strong in my car for the past two months, and I've had not a single issue.
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke