Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulbs from advanced automotive concepts (complaint)

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bulbs from advanced automotive concepts (complaint)

Do not buy from Advanced Automotive Concepts!

I purchased a pair of their Oracle LED bulbs for my 2009 Pontiac G8 GT. I did some research and there was much information about them on the Camaro forums, since our fogs are prone to melting. I wanted them for a while, but couldn't justify spending 70.00 on fog light bulbs. I looked online and there were lots of reviews on their site, and on the camaro forums that showed the bulbs having a blue tint.

I bit the bullet and ordered them, I got them in the mail on Monday and promptly replaced my putco pure white bulbs.

I was disappointed to see that the 70.00 LED fogs look exactly like my 20.00 putcos. I then decided to give HIDs a shot one more time and possibly sell/return the bulbs, since for 70.00, they were NOT worth it. Upon taking them out, one of the tabs that holds the bulb in place broke off. Already being upset, I tried as carefully as possible to remove it. And the other one broke off.

I just got off the phone with AAC, and spoke to a manager. She told me that since the bulb is broken, they cannot warranty it. I then said well if the bulb looked like it was supposed to as in the pictures, I wouldn't have had to change it. She said sorry but all we can do is offer you a bulb to replace it at wholesale cost.

Wow.

70.00 gone, poor customer service, poor product.

I hope vleds reads this just to know how their competition is!!

Here's how mine looks

Here's what their bulb "looks like"

Stay away..
    Current - 08 C6 Vette, Tons of CF, TVS2300 + AHR + ID850 = 505WHP

Former - 09 G8 GT, LRM. Custom Flowmaster Exhaust, Roto-Fab carbon fiber everything, VMS Tune, Pacesetter Catless, Pedders Springs, MM CF Spoiler, Flip 2 tone tails/grilles, Evolution Auto Designs Bumper, HIDs, Forgestar F05 19'' Staggered on KDW2, SS Brembos, Demon8Designs gauge pod + 3 Aeroforce, 430WRHP/400TQ

Daily - 12 Hyundai Azera hopefully to be replaced by a Chevy SS!

Mostly lurk, find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jsquizz

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Autolumination sells the same LED foglight bulbs for $50 a pair. Quite a few G8 owners have installed them and they match the HID headlights very well. They look bright white in your picture, so I don't see what the problem is.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Do not buy from advanced automotive concepts!!!!

To me, they look nothing like my 6000k, or even 5000k I've seen.

Former - 09 G8 GT, LRM. Custom Flowmaster Exhaust, Roto-Fab carbon fiber everything, VMS Tune, Pacesetter Catless, Pedders Springs, MM CF Spoiler, Flip 2 tone tails/grilles, Evolution Auto Designs Bumper, HIDs, Forgestar F05 19'' Staggered on KDW2, SS Brembos, Demon8Designs gauge pod + 3 Aeroforce, 430WRHP/400TQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffs42885 View Post
    To me, they look nothing like my 6000k, or even 5000k I've seen.
    What color temp are your HIDs?
    '09 MSM G8 GT - Premium, Sport, Sunroof - since 9/18/08
    Performance: Roto-Fab CAI; Corsa catback; VMS Tune; DBA 4000 slotted discs; Hawks Performance Ceramic pads
    Interior: SAS/GTPprix Digital Gauges; Interior trim by CAA; Homelink-visor; Blendmount/Invisicord mounted V1/Dashhawk
    Exterior: 3M 20% CS Tint; TSS custom darts; splash guards; Roto-Fab engine bay; Klearz sidemarkers; Spencers 5000k lows/3000k fogs
    Misc.: Billet Prototypes catch can; full V-LEDs LED swap

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... Those LED bulbs could be 5k... Matching LED color temperature to HID color temperature (or any 2 different types of light source for that matter) is usually not an easy or even possible thing to do. Sucks about the bulbs being so easy to break though, and their unwillingness to fix that.
    Performance: Roto-Fab CAI; Corsa catback; VMS Tune; DBA 4000 slotted discs; Hawks Performance Ceramic pads
    Interior: SAS/GTPprix Digital Gauges; Interior trim by CAA; Homelink-visor; Blendmount/Invisicord mounted V1/Dashhawk
    Exterior: 3M 20% CS Tint; TSS custom darts; splash guards; Roto-Fab engine bay; Klearz sidemarkers; Spencers 5000k lows/3000k fogs

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know. They look 6000k to me in their picture.

Post Thanks / Like

I know. They look 6000k to me in their picture.
    Yeah I think the same, but color temp doesn't usually translate very well from paper/screen to real life... Either way I think the bigger issue is the crappy quality with how easy those bulbs broke, as well as the lack of CS.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. The fact of the matter
    Is that, if they looked remotely like what they did in the picture, I wouldn't have had to
    Change them. I have several LEDs on this car and on my GTP that are bright as hell, and put
    Out the same blue glow that my HIDs do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Either way I think the bigger issue is the crappy quality with how easy those bulbs broke, as well as the lack of CS.
    Just because he broke the tabs on the bulbs you can't expect them to give you a refund or a free replacement. I've had a few people that stripped out the threads in some parts they bought from me, and I sold them another part at my cost. If there was a problem with a part I sold them, I would give them a free replacement. But since they ruined the part there's no way I can give them another one free of charge, and this is not poor customer service. In fact all of them were happy to get a new part at my cost for the material.