Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Battery compartment

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Battery compartment

So, I am starting an install in my trunk soon, possibly 2 8''s in a box mounted under the rear deck, or something, thats still in the works.

I am mounting the amp on the right hand side, everything wrapped into suede. I am thinking of doing something with the battery, maybe molding a piece of plexi into the opening for the access lid, and lighting it up. Has anyone done this?
    Current - 08 C6 Vette, Tons of CF, TVS2300 + AHR + ID850 = 505WHP

Former - 09 G8 GT, LRM. Custom Flowmaster Exhaust, Roto-Fab carbon fiber everything, VMS Tune, Pacesetter Catless, Pedders Springs, MM CF Spoiler, Flip 2 tone tails/grilles, Evolution Auto Designs Bumper, HIDs, Forgestar F05 19'' Staggered on KDW2, SS Brembos, Demon8Designs gauge pod + 3 Aeroforce, 430WRHP/400TQ

Daily - 12 Hyundai Azera hopefully to be replaced by a Chevy SS!

Mostly lurk, find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jsquizz

Post Thanks / Like

i don't think i've seen that done. are you going to attach it to the trunk liner somehow or build a whole new enclosure of some sort? There is a lot of empty space behind the trunk liner on the sides so you might have to put some mdf or something behind the liner to mount the amp. I mounted mine to the back of the rear seat, the metal is right behind the liner in that area.
    White '08 G8 GT

Mods: AFE CAI, Superchips Cortex programmer, GXP mufflers, Resonator delete with custom H-pipe, 5000K HIDs, tinted windows.