Site Sponsors & Vendors

Thread: Hacked BCM Programming Update (And Hacked Atari/Bluetooth Retrofit/iPod)

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hacked BCM Programming Update (And Hacked Atari/Bluetooth Retrofit/iPod)

I'm assuming by the massive influx of emails I've gotten that you guys want the BCM programming now so here is an update for you:

Hacked BCM programming has been finalized for the 09.5 Vehicles and is about 95% done for the 08-09 years. Final features include:

-DRL Removal both the annoying indicator on the dash and the actual DRL operation
    -Turn signals and tail lamps about 10% brighter
    -Ability to turn fogs/highs and lows all on at the same time REALLY BRIGHT!
    -New wiper wash calibration with choice of new 3 wipes with wash (instead of the fourth immediate wipe that nearly ALWAYS smears your windshield) or 3+1 wipes. 3 immediate wipes and one final wipe about 10 seconds later for drips.

I expect to have the 08-09 finally finished mid may. This will be available as a ship in service OR outright with a new BCM for not much more. This will also be available for a drive up service for those of you in Michigan (as well as the Atari's etc.).

Hacked Atari/Bluetooth Status

Since I no longer own a G8 I'm putting the finishing touches on the offboard programming harnesses for both units. I expect to have this done mid week next week to resume shipping orders so if you have some sent in this is the hold up and I apologize things just kind of landed in my lap this way and I'm adapting

iPod integration status

I got about as far as I can get with this right now due to the lack of having a test vehicle around 24/7. GM while interested in working on this has been pretty hard to get things going with the supplier of the box I was working with so its pretty much stalled right now. Given the possibility now of working with another member here on this I may turn over my research on integration and let him develop a product. I had really hoped to give you guys this as a Christmas present as I did with the Corvette Launch control but this thing really got away from me and I don't have much time for projects like these right now as I'm starting to work on the new Global "A" vehicles with the mid speed bus.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

is it possible to have other things display in the atari gauges? For example, could you have 4cyl/8cyl mode displayed, or perhaps throttle %, etc?
    White '08 G8 GT

Mods: AFE CAI, Superchips Cortex programmer, GXP mufflers, Resonator delete with custom H-pipe, 5000K HIDs, tinted windows.