Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I found a site that might have solution to VIM Problem

Post Thanks / Like

Default I think I found a site that might have solution to VIM Problem

I searched and did not see this posted up.
    http://www.coastaletech.com/gen6lockpick.htm
    http://www.coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm
    That is exactly what we are looking for to solve our VIM problem and a much better price. The only thing is that every GM car under the sun is listed but ours. I tried to call but they are not open today(Sunday) Someone with a little more knowledge might no if it would work with our cars. I am hoping that they just were never given the chance to test it on a G8. Or they may be able to make a few minor adjustments and then it would work for us.
    Last edited by Sean O; 04-11-2010 at 11:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I e-mailed them a year ago.

They weren't interested in the G8.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean O View Post
    I searched and did not see this posted up.
    http://www.coastaletech.com/gen6lockpick.htm
    http://www.coastaletech.com/GM_IPOD_LOCKPICK.htm
    That is exactly what we are looking for to solve our VIM problem and a much better price. The only thing is that every GM car under the sun is listed but ours. I tried to call but they are not open today(Sunday) Someone with a little more knowledge might no if it would work with our cars. I am hoping that they just were never given the chance to test it on a G8. Or they may be able to make a few minor adjustments and then it would work for us.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I just sent them another one a few hours ago. I will let you guys no what they say.

Post Thanks / Like

$249 is only about $50 cheaper than the JHP version (after the rebate)
    White '08 G8 GT

Mods: AFE CAI, Superchips Cortex programmer, GXP mufflers, Resonator delete with custom H-pipe, 5000K HIDs, tinted windows.

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

The only downside to doing things that way (sending a false VSS packet to the HU) is you lose pollution mode as well as speed compensated volume (and anything else the HU uses the VSS for) other than that should work just fine and be a pretty simple install (Power, Ground, LSCAN).

Appreciative Member confused2much's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jkayner View Post
    $249 is only about $50 cheaper than the JHP version (after the rebate)
    But this is an option that can be unhooked and resold in the future and the JHP option cannot. And the $50 difference is a 17% discount in price too. Just icing on the cake if it works.

2009 MGM G8 GT - Premium Package, Aftermarket Moonroof, 19" Rims W/Summer Tires

Current Mods: NEP CAI, 20% Tint, 55W 6000K HID's, Debadged

Great Lakes Moderator BlueJacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by confused2much View Post
    But this is an option that can be unhooked and resold in the future and the JHP option cannot. And the $50 difference is a 17% discount in price too. Just icing on the cake if it works.
    Icing on the cake is not having to send any money to those jerk offs at JHP.

2008 Panther Black Metallic G8 GT
    2010 Camaro SS Wheels, Holden V8 Badges, Crazy Paul GPS Trim Package, Blacked Out Arrowheads, Red Calipers, Hawk HPS Pads, DBA 4000 T3 Rotors, Rebadged Trunk, 3.5" Stubby Antenna, Holden Engine Covers, Engine Cover Overlays, Engine Dress Up Items, Holden V6 Rad Cover, GXP Rear Diffuser W/Tinted Reflectors, Flips Tinted Tails, Hood Vent Mod, Grrrr8 IC Mod, Solo Mach Balanced Exhaust with 3.5" Tips and NEP OTR

Appreciative Member confused2much's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^Agreed^^^

2009 MGM G8 GT - Premium Package, Aftermarket Moonroof, 19" Rims W/Summer Tires

Current Mods: NEP CAI, 20% Tint, 55W 6000K HID's, Debadged

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GTPprix View Post
    The only downside to doing things that way (sending a false VSS packet to the HU) is you lose pollution mode as well as speed compensated volume (and anything else the HU uses the VSS for) other than that should work just fine and be a pretty simple install (Power, Ground, LSCAN).
    My door locks when I'm moving a certain speed, I'm assuming this would also be lost.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJacket View Post
    Icing on the cake is not having to send any money to those jerk offs at JHP.
    I totally agree, but i finally caved and bought it from them. Going solely from the buying experience, everything was fine. I just wish i didn't have to see them talking/posting on the other forum.
    White '08 G8 GT

Mods: AFE CAI, Superchips Cortex programmer, GXP mufflers, Resonator delete with custom H-pipe, 5000K HIDs, tinted windows.