Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New VCIM's

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Bluetooth will work (may have occasional hiccups sending data to the IPC) you'll have to hack the wiring in the car but the onstar will never operate as designed. This has been covered numerous times.

Dealers DO NOT have the ability to reprogram a VCIM only to run a config file which changes NOTHING in the flash/OS/operations ect in fact all it does in this instance is set the car up for the wrong BCM calibration LOL

Post Thanks / Like

And i imagine a VCI is out of the question? !

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TA427 View Post
    And i imagine a VCI is out of the question? !
    Yeah there would be no calibration to VCI since TIS doesn't support actually programming the box
    BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.484 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Post Thanks / Like

Well Thanks for ruining my weekend ! Lets see how much more trouble we can get in when the parts arive!

Vendors
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry man like I've said its been covered lots of times I figured everyone knew that's why all the new ebay units came to me.
    BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.484 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Post Thanks / Like

Was just trying to help our G8 fellowship,I'm down now, you can stop kicking! Lets at least see if the parts come through,I did get with the Managers before ordering and no one on either end had a problem ordering any of the pieces.At least i can hope for the hardware,Thanks Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Chris. I thought that was the case with programming.
    2009 Maverick Silver Metallic G8 GT

Post Thanks / Like

Now I am really fucking confused. The parts that TA427 can get can they be sent to Chris for reprogramming? YES/NO If these are not the right parts that Chris needs, can TA427 get them from his dealership? YES/NO It does beg the question, where did the guy selling them on ebay get them? This whole issue is really BS. Why would GM give a rats ass about installing the Bluetooth in the non equipped G8s? And you wonder why the American car companies are fucked up. Thanks Chris for at least preventing some of us from ordering parts that cannot be used. Thanks TA427 for trying to help all of us out on the issue. And a big FU to GM!
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)

Post Thanks / Like

The VCIM and Antenna i will be getting are correct for the conversion, The VCIM's internal operating system is not compatible with the rest of our G8's OS,This is what Chris modifies within the VCIM to communicate with the other modules in our cars for it to operate and intergrate within the other modules i believe. Being what very little time i have for myself and trying to absorb all info possible here, It did not set into my thick skull that the programming the vcim that Chris offers and the programming i do to set these up at work when replacing these, were two different programming/set up methods,And i appologize for that ,So once you get your hands on the VCIM and antenna we still will be sending the VCIM to Chris to do his magic.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks TA427 PM sent.
    Old Retiree in a Infiniti

Current Car - Infiniti M37S
    Former G8 -V6 Owner (Yes, I am still kicking myself)