Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Countyline Dragway- 10/29/08

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Very Nice Tom! Did you see the guy with the SRT6s?
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    Very Nice Tom! Did you see the guy with the SRT6s?
    Yea, raced their 2 fastest. First guy lost it on the line and bit the wall, second guy beat me 2 out of 3 races.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the full breakdown:

First run- vs Jim - Me- 8.357 @ 86 for the win due to Jim having a problem at the start.

Second run vs Randy- Randy with an 8.516 @ 82.1 to my losing 8.465 @ 85.3

Third run vs Randy- Me with an 8.518 @ 82.8 to Randy's losing 8.465 @ 85.7

Final run vs Randy- Randy with an 8.513 @ 82.5 to my losing 8.593 @ 84.9

Randy's car is very fast, it came down to a driver's race and tonight, on 2 out of 3 races, Randy was the better driver.

My car ran very well. I was pleased as hell with my 8.357 @ 86.0 as well as an 8.378 @ 86.2on an earlier run. Much better than my last time at the track.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw his post on how fast it was and it ran about what I thought it would, you did a great job with the 8.35s!
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I saw his post on how fast it was and it ran about what I thought it would, you did a great job with the 8.35s!
    His car was no comparison to the ones I raced last time I was out there. He would have creamed me then with the times he ran tonight. I need DRs, I'm spinning at the start and at the 1-2 shift (quite a bit, no more chirp, now actual spin).

Post Thanks / Like

Thats that cool weather for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats that cool weather for you!
    Yep, first 2 runs were the fastest by quite a bit.

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

NICE runs wreck!! Are you still running with the stall?
    2008 MGM G8 GT (795 of 888)
    MODS: HPTuner, Circle-D Stage I 3600 Stall Converter, Livernois Stage II non-DOD cam, ARH 1-3/4 LT's, Rotofab CAI, Powerbond 25% UDP, VMS HSRK, NGK TR-5IX, LC-1 WBO2, 18% tint
    Track: 12.090@114.88 1/4, 7.756@??? 1/8, 1.712 60'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g8_795 View Post
    NICE runs wreck!! Are you still running with the stall?
    No. I pulled it out and put the stock one back in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
    Yeah and 2 of the 3 are NHRA tracks. Rockingham the new track at Charlotte and a little track in Fayetteville. I haven't been to the Charlotte track yet but the funny thing is that the Fayetteville track has better track prep than the Rockingham track. With the exact same setup I ran 12.5x's at Rockingham struggling to get traction and then ran 12.1x at Fayetteville having trouble breaking traction.
    Fayetteville is the house of hook! ran my personal best of 11.8 down there last year. Just put the new engine in. cant wait for our racing series to get back there this spring.

rock on, rus