Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof power?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Sunroof power?

No sure if this should be in the Electronics section or not so forgive me if I was incorrect.

I was wondering why the sunroof losses power when the car is turned off.

On my Grand Prix, I still have power to all windows, radio and sunroof for up to 10 minutes after turning off the car just as long as I don't open any doors. On the G8, I like how anyone can get out and I still keep power to the radio just as long as the drivers door is not opened. But why does the sunroof and windows loose power when someone gets out just as long as it's not the driver?

Are there any electronic guru's out there that might be able to come up with some kind of mod? I'm sure it can be done because the Grand Prix keeps power to all items until a door is opened! Since the radio stays on when any door but the driver's is open on the G8, I'm thinking this power source could be hooked to the windows and sunroof also.

Thanks for all who took the time to read.

Steve
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

1/4 mile 10.917 at 130.44mph 564 RWHP 568 Torque.

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It might be able to be reprogrammed into the BCM, but I will have to ask someone that is on here if thats possible.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

Good. Maybe there is hope after all!
    2009 G8 GT MGM.
    Performance - 1900 MagnaCharger , Lunati Cam, RCR Ported Heads, Intake and TB, FAST #65 Injectors, CTS-v fuel pump, Kooks 1 3/4" LT and Catted X-Pipe, Pypes Violator Axel-Back, VCM OTR, RX Oil Catch Can, Pedders XA's & Track II Bushings, BMR Sub Frame Connectors, Sway Bars & Rear Control Arms, 19 Inch Staggered (8.5 front/9.5 Rear) VMR 810 Wheels, DBA 4000 Sloted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads & Russels Brake Lines, Camaro 3.27 Diff, Gforce Axles.
    Cosmetic - Partially De-badged Rear, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side, Rear Markers & Tail Lights, 35% Tint, Auto-dim Mirror, Spencers 6K 35W & 5K 25W Fog HIDS, Blacked Out Door Chrome, Vagas Nates 3 Gauge Pod W/Interceptor Gauges, Color Matched GXP Diffuser, Shark Fin Antenna, V-LEDs on Side/Rear Markers, Brakes & Back Ups Lights, MM Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna subscribe to this thread since I'm used to that feature as well. I'll be interested to see what you find out.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanting to bump this up to see if anyone has come up with anything yet?
    2009 G8 GT MGM.

Post Thanks / Like

The G6 crowd was talking about this with the convertible. The motors in the vert are battery killers, but I don't think the sunroof should be an issue.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    It might be able to be reprogrammed into the BCM, but I will have to ask someone that is on here if thats possible.
    Grrrr8,

Any chance on asking that "someone" that is on here about this yet?

2009 G8 GT MGM.

Post Thanks / Like

You could splice into the same line that runs the windows if you had electrical experience. The wires are located on the drivers side just inboard of the door sill under a long plastic cover that meets the carpet.
    Last edited by norm8332; 11-03-2008 at 11:30 AM.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    You could splice into the same line that runs the windows if you had electrical experience. The wires are located on the drivers side just inboard of the door sill under a long plastic cover that meets the carpet.
    This is exactly what I was thinking. If someone on here that had schematics and can figure it out, I would be more than happy to splice into a wire or two.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bumping this up to see if anyone has been about to see which wires would need to be spliced into to make the sun roof work like the radio with the keys out.
    2009 G8 GT MGM.