Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hard time with SPOHN lowerend control arm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR8 View Post
    The passenger side is easy, the drivers side you have to lower the rear frame.

The car needs to be aligned as well. I highly recommend the Pedders alignment bolt kit for the rear. Rob can get that for you as well.
    What is the advantage of the alignment bolt kit? Where should we go for an alignment? Can most shops complete an accurate 4 wheel alignment on the G8? I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't complete this mod for a daily driver??

Thanks for the insight
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

LOST BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN GRRRR8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    What is the advantage of the alignment bolt kit? Where should we go for an alignment? Can most shops complete an accurate 4 wheel alignment on the G8? I'm starting to think maybe I shouldn't complete this mod for a daily driver??

Thanks for the insight
    The factory alignment bolts SUCK! They do not hold. The Pedders have a much better/thcker washer and use double nut for locking them in place.

Any good alignment shop can perform the alignment.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Post Thanks / Like

I think I will just wait till I get the car on a lift then do it, what’s the point/advantage of the subframe bushing that you recommend of putting on ?
    Torque@ 349 HP@ 341

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kade7236 View Post
    I think I will just wait till I get the car on a lift then do it, what’s the point/advantage of the subframe bushing that you recommend of putting on ?
    The factory frame bushings have a lot of sloppiness in them and the inserts tighten up the back of the car.
    2008 Liquid Red Pontiac G8 Sport/Premium - Adams Polishes - American Racing Headers - ARP - BMR Fabrication - Circle D Specialties - COMP Cams - Crazy Paul - Dynojet - Earl's - Flowmaster - Fuel Air Spark Technology - G2 - GFORCE 1320 - Greg Weld - HP Tuners - JBA - Lingenfelter - Maverick Man Carbon - Metco Motorsports Solutions - Mickey Thompson - M&H - Mike Norris Motorsports - NGK - Pace Performance - Pedders USA - Powerbond - PSI - Russell - SBX Performance - SJM Manufacturing - SPOHN Performance - Tony Mamo - Vararam - Vector Motorsports - Wretched Motorsports - 470 RWHP 427 TQ - Engine Tune By Patrick G

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The rear sub-frame is attached to the car with 4 bolts. Those bolts go through big rubber bushings. Those bushings have huge voids in them. GM/Holden designed them that way to transmit less road noise to the chassis of the car.

They work as designed, but they allow the rear sub-frame to move around quite a bit. You can feel it if you whip the cvar hard into a corner under power. It also moves around a lot while launching the car. the sub-frame actually moves forward before the car does, wasting energy.

The Pedders and the BMR bushings fill those voids with a poly insert. The sub-frame moves a lot less.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

The factory frame bushings have a lot of sloppiness in them and the inserts tighten up the back of the car.
    Thank you,

also

I was thinking about the Alignment Kit, but there is no way in hell I’m paying almost 300$ for some stupid bolts !!!!

This is FU**ING crazy even if they were made out of solid gold that would not justify the price
    Torque@ 349 HP@ 341

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you,

also

I was thinking about the Alignment Kit, but there is no way in hell I’m paying almost 300$ for some stupid bolts !!!!

This is FU**ING crazy even if they were made out of solid gold that would not justify the price
    The rear bolt kit is $200 I believe. Well worth it, but it is high.

It is the price you pay for driving a car that is unique.

Post Thanks / Like

The rear bolt kit is $200 I believe. Well worth it, but it is high.

It is the price you pay for driving a car that is unique.

Torque@ 349 HP@ 341

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking the same on the cost of the bolts. I'd like to give Pedders some of my money but those bolts are a little rich for my blood at this time.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    I was thinking the same on the cost of the bolts. I'd like to give Pedders some of my money but those bolts are a little rich for my blood at this time.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.77 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105
    for that price they should knock on my door say hello sir cook me diner and wash my car the put them self on the car!!! o and a
    Torque@ 349 HP@ 341