Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PIP4395E: Flare And Or Harsh 2-3 Shifts

Post Thanks / Like

I have over 65,000 on my car and the 2/3 shift flare has become more frequent. I took it to the dealership and they said there was not a issue. One thing they looked for that I haven't read in the threads related to this issue are codes. The tech said slippage codes would have been registered if there was an issue. Should codes be registered?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

So its 3 months later and I am back at the dealership. This time it is for the P0700 and P1825 codes. They acknowledge the solenoid is bad and will replace it. I still have the symptoms of the PIP4395E: Flare And Or Harsh 2-3 Shifts. To me it makes sense to replace the o-rings or perform the repairs under this TSB at this time too. My question is would the tech be disassembling the parts that have the o-rings while replacing the solenoids?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a question.....im running amsoil in trans and engine. that doesnt void warranty does it? and i know they drop the pan in doing this repair will the dealership be ok with me giving them amsoil to put back in? and i def have that slam into park and in reverse. but when that slam happens there is another noise as well. have no idea what it is.
    now will a trans cooler help with this slam/slip issue or is it a straight up repair? and if i bring this to the dealership can they deny me and pretty much tell me to go f myself?

GM Customer Service GM Customer Service's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    i have a question.....im running amsoil in trans and engine. that doesnt void warranty does it? and i know they drop the pan in doing this repair will the dealership be ok with me giving them amsoil to put back in? and i def have that slam into park and in reverse. but when that slam happens there is another noise as well. have no idea what it is.
    now will a trans cooler help with this slam/slip issue or is it a straight up repair? and if i bring this to the dealership can they deny me and pretty much tell me to go f myself?
    Scorpion,

I recommend calling the dealer to find out if the amsoil will void your warranty. If you would like I can call them for you. Please send me the following information first and last name, address, VIN, mileage and current dealer.

Thank you,

Tina
    GM Customer Service
    Available 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday-Friday

Check Out the New Owner Center!

For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion View Post
    It depends on who you talk to. If you read the warranty manual it says use of anything other than dex VI could void the warranty.
    I haven't seen anything that said use of amsoil improved the quality of the shifts or longevity over the GM Dex VI.
    Are you still on the stock converter?
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torqued View Post
    So its 3 months later and I am back at the dealership. This time it is for the P0700 and P1825 codes. They acknowledge the solenoid is bad and will replace it. I still have the symptoms of the PIP4395E: Flare And Or Harsh 2-3 Shifts. To me it makes sense to replace the o-rings or perform the repairs under this TSB at this time too. My question is would the tech be disassembling the parts that have the o-rings while replacing the solenoids?

Thanks.
    Print out the TSB found on this web site and talk very nice to the service writer. If the response isn't what you want, ask nicely foe the service manager.
    I have two dealerships here in Indiana that will perform warranty service on my G8 and it's one of the most heavily modded car here.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G8 Ray View Post
    Print out the TSB found on this web site and talk very nice to the service writer. If the response isn't what you want, ask nicely foe the service manager.
    I have two dealerships here in Indiana that will perform warranty service on my G8 and it's one of the most heavily modded car here.
    They repaired the solenoid only. I am surprised how quickly the work was done. From the time I dropped off the car till being on the road was about 90 minutes. It must have been in a very easy to reach area and didn't require much dis-assembly.

Post Thanks / Like

G8 Ray,
    yes im still on my stock tc. my dad is an amsoil dealer so i get the stuff like dirt cheap. ive witnesed with my eyes what amsoil can do. im a firm believer. but i still have the issue that everyone else is having on stock oil. so in theory it cant be an oil issue. what im trying to figure out without blowing my cover so to speak lol if i tell the dealer that i have amsoil with they tell me to beat feet. i mean amsoil is an synthetic oil so its not like im not trying to take care of what i have. ive been searching for an engine and trans cooler but really only get universal stuff right now or i find the trans cooler and its suppose to bolt right in the same spot as the engine oil cooler. i just want my car to be 100% all the time every time.