Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLO Performance Axle-Back Exhaust Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Do u plan on making a axleback with mufflers?
    2011 high performance white mustang 3.73, vortech, vortech cai, kb bap, o/r h pipe, gt500 axleback, frpp lowering springs, 20' true forged wheels.

Gone white hot 09 g8 gt
    1/8 7.52 MPH 94.37 60ft. 1.76
    1/4 11.74 mph 117.00 60ft. 1.76

Post Thanks / Like

That currently is not in the plans. We use J pipes in the rear of the axle-back in place of the mufflers. There would not be any room, and the J pipes work to eliminate drone while keeping the exhaust as free-flowing as possible
    Drive proud...enjoy GOING SOLO, and turn a few heads!

Solo Performance Exhaust Sound Clips Compilation

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com
    http://www.solo-performance.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle09GT View Post
    So who has these? Feedback? If this is for real its on my list of mods to do.
    Still waiting on my axle-backs to get here. I'll keep you updated once they're installed...should be next week.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

2009 G8 GXP - Sport Red Metallic (#821 of 1829 / #33 of 74 as Optioned)

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks. I have headers n I think it's gonna be a little to loud for my liking without mufflers.
    2011 high performance white mustang 3.73, vortech, vortech cai, kb bap, o/r h pipe, gt500 axleback, frpp lowering springs, 20' true forged wheels.

Gone white hot 09 g8 gt
    1/8 7.52 MPH 94.37 60ft. 1.76
    1/4 11.74 mph 117.00 60ft. 1.76

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 09gtt View Post
    Ok thanks. I have headers n I think it's gonna be a little to loud for my liking without mufflers.
    Yes, this seems to be the consensus from what I have read. It seems that with headers most like using the stock GT mufflers. I guess it's all personal preference and how much noise you can live with though.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

CountryClub007 (he is a member) has our catted midpipe, Kooks LT headers, and our cat-back, and says it is very tolerable and no drone. His setup sounds amazing. You should shoot him a PM about it. I am sure he would be able to provide you with answers to any sound and performance related questions

Steve

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle09GT View Post
    So who has these? Feedback? If this is for real its on my list of mods to do.
    I have the axle backs. I replaced my magnaflow axle backs with the solos. The rest of my exhaust setup is stock. they sound awesome(better than the magnaflows). No drone. And despite the lack of mufflers they are not as piercingly loud as a straight-back setup. Wife and new baby approved. This is the exhaust note I've been looking for. They are the real deal.

Post Thanks / Like

UPS says I'm getting my axle-backs today!!! Hopefully I'll have these installed today as well!!!
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know how the install went and what you think!!

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
    Let us know how the install went and what you think!!
    The install of these was super super easy. The install took me all of about 30 minutes. That's from getting the car on the ramps taking off the old mufflers and getting the solo axle-backs bolted up. The install was done in my driveway with car ramps and a socket wrench. Pretty much as easy as it gets.

Let me first say that these things sound AWESOME!!! They are everything that Solo advertises them to be. They sound even better in person than in the clips. The sound at idle is sweet and during acceleration it's even better. Just as advertised there is absolutley no drone in the cabin at any RPM. Tested this on my test drive by keeping the RPM's in the drone zone (1400 RPMs-1800 RPMs) and also above and below (1000 RPMs - 2000 RPMs). You can tell when the DOD kicks on and it creates a very low rumble, however, you can ONLY notice this when you're cruising with the radio off. If you cruise with the radio on, or even at very low volume you will not be able to hear or notice this whatsoever.

I got the 3.5" tips so I still need to get those welded on. Even though solo does include some u-clamps to to attach them, I've never had good luck with those so I'm going to have them welded on. So for now I'm rolling with no tips. The only issue I had during my install was that the passenger's side pipe sits about a 1/2" higher than the driver's side. This was causing the tips to rub against the top of my diffuser. I'm going to try and bend the hanger to get the pipe to move down the 1/2" I need to align it with the driver's side...so no big deal. The driver's side sits perfect and doesn't need any adjustment.

Overall I'd give these a 9.5 out of 10. If it wasn't for the passenger's side pipe sitting a 1/2" too high these would have got a 10 out of 10. Great build quality, super easy install, and they perform and sound exactly as advertised. These definitely come with a high recommendation from me. Go get them if you're thinking about it...you won't be disappointed.
    Terry Scott
    San Antonio, TX