Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G8 Weathertech Floor mat labels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4GASEM View Post
    Ohh... Cool! One of mine already got water under it and froze which promptly removed it.

I'd probably use some clear silicon to install these.

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by swimman View Post
    Those look sharp.
    thank you!

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Post Thanks / Like

I got the weather tech mats and the weather tech logos fell off the second the temps droped past 20 degrees. I showed them to my girlfriend and she was like that a waste of money..... look even the logo sucks on them. I was like shit.... plus they change shapes depending on the temp. I would replace the logos with ones like this but not for that much and will they stick/ last??
    MGM G8 GT: 8000k HID, Vararam, Solo HF cats and Shorty Cat Back, Livernois Tune.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea of these, but thats a lil too steep for me right now...

2009.5 G8 GT PBM W/ ONYX/RED INTERIOR PREMIUM PKG, SPORT PKG, SUNROOF, AND BLUETOOTH
    **SuperChips 93 RotoFab Tune **RotoFab CAI **Solo Mach Shorty Unbalanced Exhaust
    **20% Tint **6000k HIDs **Audi Style LEDs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jab336 View Post
    I got the weather tech mats and the weather tech logos fell off the second the temps droped past 20 degrees. I showed them to my girlfriend and she was like that a waste of money..... look even the logo sucks on them. I was like shit.... plus they change shapes depending on the temp. I would replace the logos with ones like this but not for that much and will they stick/ last??
    I understand your frustration, they might have used a lower quality vinyl/adhesive. I'm not familiar at all with the way they make their product, but I know we use high quality 3M vinyl adhesive, plus the doming is bump resistant b/c it never hardens enough to show scratches (almost like its self-healing)

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    jaison tortorea

Post Thanks / Like

I like my mats but my logos fell off in a week i think a set of these are in my future

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

can you make some with the HSV logo?http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/s...ck_Keyline.jpg
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 02-05-2010 at 06:21 AM. Reason: photo was huge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PUGS View Post
    I like my mats but my logos fell off in a week i think a set of these are in my future
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

Quote Originally Posted by SRG8 View Post
    can you make some with the HSV logo?http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/wheels/s...ck_Keyline.jpg
    probably.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    jaison tortorea

Post Thanks / Like

I received the labels in the mail the other day. They look really good! There are two issues with these labels and one of them seems to be my fault (or at least not measuring them myself and not relying on someone else's measurements).

The WeatherTech labels are 1 1/4" X 4 1/2" and these are 1" X 4" which makes them a bit small.

The other issue is the adhesive isn't strong enough for the labels to stick good. I'm sure I can find something to remedy this with.

For the most part I'm still happy with them.

2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT SBM Sport & Premium w/ Sunroof & Bluetooth - My Tune (HP Tuners), Rotofab CAI, HSRK, Corsa CB, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH, Kooks Corsa catted connectors
    1987 VW Scirocco 16V - Stock
    1985 Buick Grand National - Modified

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first time i'm seeing your post-for some reason i didn't get a notice from my subscription.

That's ashame they aren't sticking....i'm wondering if the mats rubber is coated in something preventing the adhesion to occur.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    jaison tortorea

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    This is the first time i'm seeing your post-for some reason i didn't get a notice from my subscription.

That's ashame they aren't sticking....i'm wondering if the mats rubber is coated in something preventing the adhesion to occur.
    Could be the mat material, but I was able to get them on good. I have some black 3M trim adhesive that I put on the back of them and they aren't moving now

2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT SBM Sport & Premium w/ Sunroof & Bluetooth - My Tune (HP Tuners), Rotofab CAI, HSRK, Corsa CB, Kooks 1 7/8" LTH, Kooks Corsa catted connectors
    1987 VW Scirocco 16V - Stock
    1985 Buick Grand National - Modified