Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Soon: Tunable Exhaust Kits for G8

Post Thanks / Like

If you want to stop by the shop, I am sure we could make you something that could mate up and kill some, if not all, of the drone. The J pipes might work really well with this.
    Drive proud...enjoy GOING SOLO, and turn a few heads!

Solo Performance Exhaust Sound Clips Compilation

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com
    http://www.solo-performance.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Kooks and ARH LT headers and X pipe go all the way back to where the factory mufflers bolt on. So if you have a stock G8 GT muffler to use as a template that is exactly the same size and fit that we need. I'm running stock mufflers now with Kooks LT + their catted X pipe for the sole reason that I don't want to add any drone. If there was an axle back system that didn't drone (or that you could tune the drone via the J pipe) and give a little more rumble over stock I think they would sell like hot cakes.
    2014 SRT Viper TA
    2009 Liquid Red G8 GT
    Drivetrain: 25% UDP, Solo axle back
    Suspension / Brakes: BMR f/r swaybars, radius rod bushings, trailing arms,
    toe rods, subframe connectors, tunnel brace, crossmember bushings, DBA slotted rotors,
    hawk ceramic pads
    Show: VE SS Black/Red Steering Wheel, VE Black/Red Shifter, Leather Console Lid, 20% Tint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    The Kooks and ARH LT headers and X pipe go all the way back to where the factory mufflers bolt on. So if you have a stock G8 GT muffler to use as a template that is exactly the same size and fit that we need. I'm running stock mufflers now with Kooks LT + their catted X pipe for the sole reason that I don't want to add any drone. If there was an axle back system that didn't drone (or that you could tune the drone via the J pipe) and give a little more rumble over stock I think they would sell like hot cakes.
    I will let the owner know this information. We need an exact measurement though, as we would use some type of flange to bolt it on and that would not leave too much room for error. If we can get someone with Kooks LT in the shop, it would be a done deal. Even the other LT headers are welcome and we could make a kit to mate up to that also. We just need a car in the shop. Someone in Buffalo or Mississagua want to help out??

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaycheckG8 View Post
    Different Doug! This one is down south a bit. Had his own made locally.
    Yea, "wrong Doug" :-) lol

I guess now I'm rightfully the "up north Doug" ... aka zepcom

In case anyone hasn't heard, my g8 has been the "first J-pipe test mule" car, and this rough-beta system has been on my car for over a week now, and still ZERO drone. I haven't had the radio on at all for the past week -- too busy listening to the awesome sounds that the car is making now.

Admittedly though, I do not yet have a CAI and I am not planning a cam or headers. My car is my DD so I'm happy where it is, and the new exhaust makes it perfect.

The amount of R&D that has gone into this, and the persistence from the SOLO crew is nothing short of amazing.

I think it would be cool if Norm could stop by the buffalo store and volunteer his car with his headers for the purpose of R&D. I would imagine that the Magnacharger that he has on his car would further enhance this SOLO research project. Norm, if you're familiar with Delaware and Sheredin (Near Paddock Chevrolet) then that's where Mufflerman is. Your car would be a very good test of the new offerings coming soon from SOLO, as you have some pretty advanced mods for sure.

Can't wait until this is released so everyone else can enjoy what I've been experiencing for a week now!

-- North Doug ;-)

--zepcom

Good times.

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by norm8332 View Post
    Yeah, They shorter than ARH or kooks LTs, but longer than mids or shorties. They use all the available space for tubes and include cats. I have a Loudness/ drone issue that I need to address though.

Don't those fit in the space that is taken up by the manifold and factory cat? They should be able to take a standard cat back...
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

If those bolt up to stock, then they will bolt up to our cat back. What we would like is a long tube header that goes to the rear axle...that way we can make an axle back exhaust kit that fits those long tube headers.

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zepcom View Post

I think it would be cool if Norm could stop by the buffalo store and volunteer his car with his headers for the purpose of R&D. I would imagine that the Magnacharger that he has on his car would further enhance this SOLO research project. Norm, if you're familiar with Delaware and Sheredin (Near Paddock Chevrolet) then that's where Mufflerman is. Your car would be a very good test of the new offerings coming soon from SOLO, as you have some pretty advanced mods for sure.
    I would, but they need someone with KOOKS or ARH because of the different design. Mine, they already have covered. Now, that doesn't mean I won't be heading there for some goodies to eliminate this drone.
    08 G8 GT: MagnaCharger TVS MP1900 10psi, LS9 cam, 72# injectors, Roto-Fab CAI, SLP Headers, Corsa Catback, etc.
    My Garage

Post Thanks / Like

There has to be someone with Kooks or ARH around them??? Come on someone!
    2009 G8

Smells of Bacon... GeorgeInNePa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    There has to be someone with Kooks or ARH around them??? Come on someone!
    I would volunteer, but my car is still immobile. I was going to go there before the "crowning of the king" but I didn't get a chance to.

I have 4 to 6 weeks before I can even think about it.
    2011 Kona Blue 5.0 Auto -->(Livernois 93Tune and DR only-11.880 @ 118.11, 1.827) - Lund Racing Tune - BOSS Intake - JPC LTs&OTA, O/R-X, GT500muffs - CircleD 4500 - DSS shaft - DA QA1s - J&M LCAs - JPC UCA/BMR mount - 295/50/16 MT DRs - JLT Catch Can (awaiting install UPR K, TSS oil pump gears)

'08 Black on Black G8GT--> 12.166 @ 113.13, 1.723 Bolt 0ns and Converter --Gone, but not forgotten.--
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...a/gr_devil.gif
    Plastic Cuttin' Bad Ass!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInNePa View Post
    I would volunteer, but my car is still immobile. I was going to go there before the "crowning of the king" but I didn't get a chance to.

I have 4 to 6 weeks before I can even think about it.
    When you are ready, let us know. if we have not found a car yet, you are definitely in!!

Steve Mariano
    SOLO Performance
    516-655-9002
    goingsolo2@hotmail.com