Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PIC5283, Water leak in Passenger compartment

Post Thanks / Like

I still think that a shower drain from Lowes or Home Depot will still be the best option for do-it-yourself-ers. Get that water out with no bickering with an inept dealership.
    The "Cheap-@ss Modder" and Thread Killer
    Just Sitting The Bench Now
    "Git that boy a cold rag for his head"

Post Thanks / Like

Y'know, it kinda worries me that the sample vehicle shown in both of these issue descriptions is Liquid Red... But at 20,000 miles, I haven't gotten any wet carpets yet. *knocks on wood*
    2009 Liquid Red O/R M6 G8 GXP - Nickname: "The Yak"
    Bought 5/21/2009, Sold 5/2/2015. Will be missed!

Daily Driver: 2013 Ford Focus ST
    Hauler: 2005 Ford Excursion Powerstroke

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to show a link if anybody's interested, so here it is:
    http://www.lowes.com/pd_199310-143-K...roduct_price|1

Once you install it under the backseat carpet, it's unnoticeable, and all you have to do is step on it to open and close it and drain that accumulated H2O out. Sort of reminds me of the old floor-mounted dimmer switches we used back in the day.
    The "Cheap-@ss Modder" and Thread Killer
    Just Sitting The Bench Now
    "Git that boy a cold rag for his head"

Post Thanks / Like

I had my car in the shop for the dreaded interior leak! I had a pool of water in the back of the driver's seat. The dealership had the car for two days and determined that it was the A/C drain. I asked why my front floor boards weren't wet and they said the water settles in the back....

Is that true?

Also they replaced the jute(sp?) and disinfected the carpet. When they replaced the carpet it was not tight against the floor or near the tunnel. So they said they would replace the rear carpet. Is this ok or should I request that all of the carpet is replaced?

They also put about 7 miles on the car. I am not sure why they had to test drive it. Is this normal...I am concerned someone took it for a joy ride. Am I just being paranoid?

Thanks all.

Post Thanks / Like

We were told the same thing, however it was the moonroof drain. I will try to post pictures this weekend. The drain from the moonroof is made of soft plastic, over time with heat/ice it develops a sag in the line. The line from the moonroof is very short and inserts into a drain near the door. It just slides over the drain When water collects in the sag it spills out and runs down the door and into the back floorboard creating a large puddle. My husband a Cat mechanic (he works in hydralics) for over 35 years, replaced the moonroof drain with tubing that was not quite as soft, inserted a connector between the two drains and used sealant so it would not leak. We have then sprayed copiuos amounts of water and it has not leaked yet. It was a time consuming job and to remove the trim carefully near the airbag. The dealer's repair coordinator would not listen and told him if he did the repair himself would completely void his warrenty. I plan to contact the owner as the desk clerk told him he could not even tell the mechanic what he found. Needless to say he fixed it himself! I hope they do not try to void our warrenty, if so I plan legal action! You can at least pull up the back floorboard carpet, spray a lot of water using a hose over the moonroof and if you start to see water in the floor you can probably assume you have the same problem! Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Fortunately, I don't have a moonroof.
    2009 White Hot GT
    Tint, painted calipers, custom engine cover, Solo Catback, Roto-Fab intake and radiator cover, sparetire jack mod, more to come...

Post Thanks / Like

Keep me posted if this fixed. It was not my problem as he took all the trim aound the air conditioner and checked this in-depth first.

Post Thanks / Like

Well my car is back at the dealer for the water leak on the rear pass. door. It was fixed on 7/08. The good thing i checked it this morning. We're in the middle of a hurricane.Its at the dealer inside

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my car in the rain and so far so good. I do see a bit of water from the A/C drain on the ground so I hope that is not a problem anymore either. My car is garage kept so no need to worry about the long nights of rain! We didn't get much action from Alex here.
    2009 White Hot GT
    Tint, painted calipers, custom engine cover, Solo Catback, Roto-Fab intake and radiator cover, sparetire jack mod, more to come...

Post Thanks / Like

They worked on it once and the leak stopped. It was the door seal. I seen it leak. But this time i think its were the bulliten talkes about. We'll see.