Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 10-03-09-001: Vibration/Pulsation/Thrumming TSB (FIX)

Post Thanks / Like

Update: to my experience GM has stopped replacing/repairing the prop shafts but instead are replacing the couplings with the ones being installed on the Camaro's.

I've been working with the Service Manager at a local GM garage and he has been talking to the GM Engineer in charge of this issue. I asked point blank if they are repairing the prop shafts anymore and he said no.

1. they replaced my prop shaft couplings with "92228328 F-COUPLING KIT"
    2. tried rotating the prop shaft 180 degrees

I still have the vibration on the highway, it is different but no better and no worse. If anything after they balanced my tires I can feel it more. I'm now being told that this is normal for my vehicle. So, tomorrow I'll be calling my Service Manager and Pontiac Customer service to inform them of my displeasure with General Motors. Pisses me off that their solution is now to find a bushing which they hope will "mask" the vibrations of an out of balance prop shaft. Bastards.
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Well after many phone calls it sounds like I will get a balanced prop-shaft. Or at least they will balance mine. I've read varying results, so we shall see.. either way I'll be glad to move on, either fixed, learn to ignore, or ...

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of the early balanced shafts and it fixed my issue 99%
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Default WickedMom will you have my kid?

Wicked Mom will you have my kid? I love you.
    Parts came in yesterday, got a GM paid car rental waiting anxiously for the local dealer to finish this TSB repair on my vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I'm done having kids.

I hope the driveshaft fixes your concerns.

Sent from my insanely great iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    Sorry, I'm done having kids.

I hope the driveshaft fixes your concerns.

I thought you are the surrogate mom on this board?
    2008 MGM GT. Patrick G spec'd 222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 cam, Ported TB, Ported Manifold, 25% PB UDP, 180* Tstat, Vararam w/HSRK, Kooks 1 3/4" LT Headers, X w/cats and muffs, GXP Diffuser, B Splitter, 6000K HID's, 6.0L Badges, Tinted Side,Rear Markers and Tails, 15% Window Tint, Blackedout Chrome, Ghost Stripes, G2 Red Calipers

Post Thanks / Like

I'm like an adoptive mom I guess.

**RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

So im bringing my car to the dealer on thursday to have them check my steering wheel shake problem. The guy on the phone was telling me if its bad hubs/rotors thats not covered under warranty. How can that be true, I would think hubs should be included in the 3 year 30k warranty? Those of you who have had this issue looked at, did you print this thread off and show it to the service writer?
    2009 Sport Red G8 GT. Solo Mach Shorty, Solo HFC's, Vararam, VMS Tune.

Addicted Member
    Post Thanks / Like

the hubs are coverd under warranty i had mine rplaced at 55k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheOriginalSin View Post
    So im bringing my car to the dealer on thursday to have them check my steering wheel shake problem. The guy on the phone was telling me if its bad hubs/rotors thats not covered under warranty. How can that be true, I would think hubs should be included in the 3 year 30k warranty? Those of you who have had this issue looked at, did you print this thread off and show it to the service writer?
    I only provided the TSB number. (My car is still sitting at the dealership waiting for the driveshaft to return)