Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 10-03-09-001: Vibration/Pulsation/Thrumming TSB (FIX)

Post Thanks / Like

ok. dont give up yet... the driveshaft must/may need to be indexed. The instructions that I got in my email were that the first position may not be the best. There are 3 positions. It COULD be in the road force balancing... but I doubt it.

I got my prop shaft today, so far so good...
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    ok. dont give up yet... the driveshaft must/may need to be indexed. The instructions that I got in my email were that the first position may not be the best. There are 3 positions. It COULD be in the road force balancing... but I doubt it.

I got my prop shaft today, so far so good...
    Thanks Jes, the Svc Mgr did mention that to me as the last thing they could try so I will call them tomorrow and make another appt.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously... this is the email I got regarding the installation.
    they are wasting your time if they did not read the basic instructions that came with the prop.

Few basic instructions:
    1. The shaft may require rotation to achieve the best position relative to the differential flange. Some do, most do not. If rotation to flange is needed, DO NOT UNBOLT THE COUPLER FROM THE PROP SHAFT! Unbolt the differential flange from the drive shaft coupler, rotate right or left 120 degrees, and rebolt and tighten to specifications. Road test is required. This previous procedure may be required again. Which of the 3 positions is best, it may be the very 1st one.
    2. Please treat the box the shaft was received in with care, this will be used to ship the removed shaft back to Dynotech. Carefully pack the replaced drive shaft to prevent any damage and ship it back with last 8 of the VIN plainly marked on the drive shaft
    3. As mentioned above, shipping of the drive shaft back to Dynotech is already prepaid and is to be submitted as part of the total sublet bill on the warranty claim for drive shaft R&R.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

When do you think your tech will be done with your car ?

Post Thanks / Like

Mine was done when I posted that ^^^^...

It is totally better. I just drove it home after work (4 miles or so at fwy speeds).... AMAZING difference. I do feel the tires more now though... not bad, just different.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

Post Thanks / Like

I wish i could throw on my summers again so i can give the car back to the dealership and get the process going. Congrats on getting it taken care of Wicked and Speed, hopefully they will iron out the last bit and you will have a smooth driving car again.
    2008 G8 GT Panther Black Metallic - Premium and Sport package
    - No Longer with me

2011 Kia Optima EX Premium Package
    Blasphemous

VIP Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Jessika, I think that I will be seeing you soon.
    Ken
    Magnaflow Cat back 16795
    Roto Fab CAI and radiator cover
    E&G screens front and back
    Pedders Street II drop kit
    Front and Back Sway bars
    VIM with back up camera
    DVD player
    Carbon fiber interior kit
    Holden steering wheel and matching shifter control
    Holden Sunshade

Post Thanks / Like

We FINALLY got ours fixed after literally three months of back and forth bullshit with the dealer. First they told us it was normal, then they said it was the roads, then they said it was the tires (brand new), then they said that it couldn't be fixed even if it wasn't normal, etc. They finally replaced the mount and the noise got louder, so we took it back only to be told that they put the same mount back in. They sent me an online survey and I tore them up in it. Jess got a call from the service manager who STILL tried to say it couldn't be fixed, despite me showing them the Holden TSB as well as this thread and others documenting the problem and the fix. He finally agreed to go on a ride-along and immediately understood what the problem was. They put the correct tranny mount in this time and Jess said its 1000 times better now.

Now if we could only get them to properly fix the glove box (rarely closes) and the new grinding/pulsating in the brakes while turning.

We've only owned the car three months and it has been nothing but problems. Thank god I bought one that was Certified with the extra warranty. If things don't settle down with it by the time the warranty runs out, we're selling it. Love the car but I'm not dumping money into it every week for a new problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Your whine is probably from the AFM or transmission mount. I have an automatic and at 70 and up hold the pedal steady and there it is. You can set it cruise and duplicate the whine. Switch to sport mode, then shift up to 6th gear and bamo its gone. What your hearing is the 4 cycl deactivation pulses transferred harmonics through the drive train which is most notable with the noise resonating from the rear of the chassis from the trunk area. I also had the Transmission mount replaced because it would make a vibration at hi speeds. I'm having the AFM turned off with an aftermarket tune next week. The G8 forum has a complete list of all the tech bulletins you definitely want to look at them I found two of my issues there for the vibration issue.
    http://www.g8board.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Post Thanks / Like

This forum has a TSB section. You posted in it
    Since our forum name is censored on G8bored I'd appreciate you linking directly to the post that has the TSB information in it.
    Rest in Peace Charlie!

Sold

Just a GT

Quote Originally Posted by RichsGreyGT View Post
    this site is hardcore modding central.