Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-03-09-001: Vibration/Pulsation/Thrumming TSB (FIX)

Post Thanks / Like

The check request from the dealership to dynotech was written today. Hopefully we get it tomorrow and it can go out. Soon I will join the vibrationless ranks.
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

I took my car for an oil change (first one ever, at 9000 miles!) and complained about it shaking on the freeway. They said the road force on 3 of the tires was too much, so they replaced 3 tires under warranty. It does seem to be a bit tighter now. I haven't driven it much since it was last night.
    2009 G8 GT - Stryker Blue
    Vararam, Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with X-pipe, Dynomax VTs, Circle D 2800 Stall, Pat G cam.

Post Thanks / Like

My cure was Flowmasters can't hear anything but the drone.had mine in the shop 3 ir 4 time for this issue.They agread that there was a noise but they said it was normal.
    Last edited by Mr louis; 02-14-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: needed to ad content!

Post Thanks / Like

Finally getting to drop my car off again tonight so it can be looked at tomorrow. I'm referencing the tsb right up front, re-iterating that i want it tested. I don't like not having a car.
    2008 G8 GT Panther Black Metallic - Premium and Sport package
    - No Longer with me

2011 Kia Optima EX Premium Package
    Blasphemous

Post Thanks / Like

Innnnteresting. Dealership just called, said that my tires are screwed up. They did a roadforce balance on them to test them and they're way out of spec or something to that degree. Something is supposed to be 19 and it's at 50 or something on two of the tires, and the other two are at 25..I don't know lol. Anyway, they won't do anymore diagnosing on the car until the tires are changed. Funny, the guy said he did me a favor and did the roadforce balance for free instead of charging 90 dollars. If that's used in the diagnostic process, and i explicitely said to call me if they needed to do anything that might cost money, they couldn't charge me regardless could they?

I still think it's funny that my symptoms are the EXACT symptoms, down to the letter, but I guess it will have to wait until i get the summers back on.
    2008 G8 GT Panther Black Metallic - Premium and Sport package
    - No Longer with me

2011 Kia Optima EX Premium Package
    Blasphemous

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WickedMom View Post
    #10-03-09-001: Shake/Vibration in Steering Wheel, Boom/Moan Noise at Highway Speeds on Smooth Roads (Replace Engine Mounts, Propshaft, Balance Wheel/Tire Assemblies or Correct Brake Rotor Runout) - (Jan 4, 2010)

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
    Even though I gave this entire document to my dealer, they are telling me that the only "TSB" they have is to do the weights on the motor mount fix, and they have done that, and it didn't help. They are also telling me that the noise (which can be heard over a moderate level of the radio) is insignificant.

Help!

Thanks!
    Last edited by WickedMom; 02-18-2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: to remove excessively long quote of excessively long bulletin. :)
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Go to another Dealer or ask them to get the GM field Tech involved.
    Don't let down.
    2009 G8 GT -White Hot
    *Jetttstream Stage 1 w/K&N Drop In*Tint*Debaged*V8 6.0 Badges*Red G8&GT Overlays*
    *Royal Purple 5W30*VG Sharkfin II*Kleerz Front Markers*GXP diffuser*GXP Front End*
    *Jetttstream Silicone Hoses*20"DIP Ambush Wheels*
    *Solo Performance Axel Backs*Heater Hose Relocate Kit*

Post Thanks / Like

Now that this TSB has come out, I will take mine in for the 3rd time I guess. Bradshaw in Greer, SC keeps pushing me off, and showing me the RF balance is good, so there is nothing else they can do, even though the vibration persists. Their solution both times after doing a RF balance was just to under-inflate my tires when they gave it back, which always made it feel better but still present. Upon inflating to the proper cold pressures, it's always back. I was previously always very impressed with Bradshaw, but this vibration issue has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    09.5 G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx/Red, Premium and Sunroof, JeTTTstream Automotive technologies Stage 3 Cold Air Intake
    1/8 mile: 8.9017 @ 81.22MPH 2.0905 60ft
    Borla Cat-back

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tire inflation shouldn't matter too much

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder_PC View Post
    Now that this TSB has come out, I will take mine in for the 3rd time I guess. Bradshaw in Greer, SC keeps pushing me off, and showing me the RF balance is good, so there is nothing else they can do, even though the vibration persists. Their solution both times after doing a RF balance was just to under-inflate my tires when they gave it back, which always made it feel better but still present. Upon inflating to the proper cold pressures, it's always back. I was previously always very impressed with Bradshaw, but this vibration issue has left a bad taste in my mouth.
    If tire inflation changes the vibration, then it could be a tire issue rather than a drive shaft issue, or possibly a combination of the two.

How certain are you that the road-force is actually normal? What are the lateral runout readings on each of the 4 tires? Just because they're "within spec" doesn't mean they're right, and with the G8, it seems any small vibration gets much more pronounced at speed. Almost as if the thing's one giant noise-maker!

You could have a warped brake rotor, because most of the G8's do if you're running OEM.

Honestly, I'd find another dealer. Sounds like this one's the shits and they probably aren't going to change any time soon. Could be they're going out of business or having financial problems such that they just don't care anymore (IMHO)?

That kind of doesn't make sense, because they could make some money on the diagnostics under warranty, but if they're greedy, then they want to tell you to F.O.A.D. and try to sell you something.

Either that, or they're trying to convince you that your G8 is a POS and will try to get you to trade it in (because there are very few on the market, and they'll make a good amount of $$ if they can get it out of your hands and back onto the lot).

Just some ideas. Overall, I'd change dealers or contact Pontiac directly..but that might just piss off the service manager.

Luck, Man!
    Last edited by Adjusted35; 02-18-2010 at 06:35 PM.
    Red Metallic 2009.5 G8 GT Sport/Premium.
    Pedders: Track II drop; BMR sub-frame connectors in hammered black; Partially de-badged
    DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines,
    Vararam CAI, HP Tune, Dynotech Balanced Drive Shaft

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they RF balanced them twice (mentioned in original post). I have suspected a tire issue die to the vibration subsiding at lower pressures, and was hoping they would just replace the tires figuring maybe a flat spot. They have been rotated twice though, and the vibration in the steering wheel continues from 50 or 55 to about 70 or 80. I also get the "moan" indicative of the driveshaft problem.

I have visited the idea of "changing dealers". It is ironic that what drew me to Bradshaw in the first place was the ineptitude of another local GM dealer. Bradshaw use to do whatever was needed to fix a customer's concerns. They now appear to be slipping into the rut of other GM dealers in my area. One thing is certain, if I were to buy another GM vehicle soon, It would not come from them. I honestly hate even having to deal with a dealership monkey them again now that the TSB is out.
    Last edited by Thunder_PC; 02-18-2010 at 06:40 PM.
    09.5 G8 GT, White Hot, Onyx/Red, Premium and Sunroof, JeTTTstream Automotive technologies Stage 3 Cold Air Intake
    1/8 mile: 8.9017 @ 81.22MPH 2.0905 60ft
    Borla Cat-back