Site Sponsors & Vendors
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10-03-09-001: Vibration/Pulsation/Thrumming TSB (FIX)

Post Thanks / Like

Today I started this bulletin on my car. Today we did the EVA vibration analyzer and confirmed the vibration is in the range for the driveshaft issue... we sent the wheels to a tire shop that has a road force balancer...

I dont know too much about road force balancing, but they said one wheel had a .025 runout. According to the bulletin, .030 is the goal or max runout for a 'sensitive' customer... which my SM was determined that I am.
    The other wheels were .009, .002 and .007

Tomorrow we are measuring the runout of the front brake rotors and probably turning them.

Weird thing is, I think there is an improvement with the Road force balancing. I'll know tomorrow.

...TBC!
    **RIP Shaun Finley**
    FUCK CANCER
    **RIP Charlie**

'16 2SS NFG Camaro M6 NPP Mag
    Procharged, custom 4.5" heat exchanger, custom cam
    LT4 fuel system and top hardware, Stainless Works long tubes
    Weld wheels, Hoosier rear fatties, M&H front skinnies

Post Thanks / Like

I dropped my car off last night so they could look at it today. I really hope they verify the issue without me having to bring up the TSB lol. I don't like to come in as that guy who self diagnosed and knows that exact problem is happening, I just tell them what is going on, which is basically hitting on any valid bullet points that might be in the TSB.
    2008 G8 GT Panther Black Metallic - Premium and Sport package
    - No Longer with me

2011 Kia Optima EX Premium Package
    Blasphemous

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GotMyG8V8 View Post
    I dropped my car off last night so they could look at it today. I really hope they verify the issue without me having to bring up the TSB lol. I don't like to come in as that guy who self diagnosed and knows that exact problem is happening, I just tell them what is going on, which is basically hitting on any valid bullet points that might be in the TSB.
    I usually try that method also. For my alignment issue I had (strut bearings) it worked. For my radio issue (flashing radio) it did not work. So I had to get a little more aggressive!
    '09 White Hot GT, Premium, Sunroof - SOLD May 2021

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Well they are saying it's my left front wheel hub, which does sound like one of the noises I was hearing. So that's getting replaced tomorrow. He said that appears to have been the source of both issues. I don't buy it, hopefully when they test drive it tomorrow they will see if the shake is still apparent. Hey if it fixes it, i'm all for it. Just sometimes it isn't that easy.
    2008 G8 GT Panther Black Metallic - Premium and Sport package
    - No Longer with me

2011 Kia Optima EX Premium Package
    Blasphemous

Post Thanks / Like

Step 3 or 4 for me tomorrow in this saga - new engine mounts - part of the TSB. I can guarantee it will be the propshaft when it's all done but GM will not let the shop jump to step xx until the other steps before it are complete.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

2009 G8 GT, MSM/Onyx, Prem, Mods: few......Dozen

Post Thanks / Like

Keep us updated WickedMom !

Post Thanks / Like

Motor mounts are done. They supposedly double-checked several of the other TSB items again too i.e. wheels, tires, rotors...and they took down all kinds of readings to report to GM.

Slight glitch when I noticed afterward that by raising the motor and lowering it my Vararam OTR intake came back down twisted, slanted, wires were trapped, and my LEDs wiring was almost sheared in half. Fortunately, service writer, dealership, and mechanic were awesome and fixed me right up.

Drove it to work. Didn't seem to make a difference. I have to drive more on a long smooth road at 69 mph for awhile but it seems like the phasing vibration is still there.

I have to report back to them with how it feels and probably move on to the final phase = propshaft.

I'm hoping we almost have it.
    R.I.P. Charlie

"Any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacerX View Post
    Motor mounts are done. They supposedly double-checked several of the other TSB items again too i.e. wheels, tires, rotors...and they took down all kinds of readings to report to GM.
    Did the motor mounts make any difference with AFM or driving at lower speeds? I have had a bad vibration at lower speeds I've been chasing and have been thinking about trying different motor mounts.

Thanks..

Holden leather armrest, rear ashtray/cig lighter, Homelink, Auto dimming rearview mirror, Atari gauges by SAS & GTPprix, glove box light, LCD interior lights, GXP diffuser, 6.0 litre badges, painted calipers, BMR subframe connectors & drive shaft tunnel brace, Polk DB651 & DB6501 component speakers, Factory bluetooth, BMR x-member bushings, Corsa, many dealer installed mods (ie Fixes ). Waiting to install: Nothing.. I need to find the credit card!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pokey View Post
    Did the motor mounts make any difference with AFM or driving at lower speeds? I have had a bad vibration at lower speeds I've been chasing and have been thinking about trying different motor mounts.

Thanks..
    AFM....maybe. Low speed shake or vibration.....I don't see any improvement yet. I need more time to try it. Sorry.

I really want to drive my car one day and say, "wow, that feels so much better and different now that they replaced xyz." I haven't been able to do that yet.
    R.I.P. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

That's good info to know. I don't want to go through the trouble if there isn't going to be a noticeable fix. Thanks for the info. -Scott